Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your Opinion Requested

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 02:47 PM
28Seven
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your Opinion Requested

I'm 6 foot 4 and weigh 280. I currently own a Suzuki Blvd C-90T and am looking at the Street Glide. I'm long legged and the C-90T is my first bike. I have several questions that I encourage feedback on. Is the Street Glide a good bike for my frame and height? Is it enough bike (I handle the C-90T fairly well and can throw it around pretty good)? Will the Street Glide's low windshield cause any problems (my head sits just above the shield on the C-90T)? Finally, which is the better bike? Should on stay (C-90T) or should I go (Street Glide)?

Old 11-13-2007, 02:52 PM
chornbe
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Your Opinion Requested

First, YOU might feel a little cramped on the 'Glide. Go try one out, just get a feel for it sitting on it. The C90 has slightly more forward-placed foot boards. That maybe an issue, but of course, hiway bars are always an option.

It all come down to fit for you, first and foremost. Only you can decide on your comfort.

Finally... the C90 is one hell of a decent quality, reliable, super low maintenance and HIGHLY UNDERRATED machine. The 'Glide *will* feel better at the low-speed stuff; the C90 has a longer rake. The C90 is no slouch in power but it's not the top of that particular food chain, either.

Give this decision lots of thought. Don't buy the Harley just because... buy it because you WANT it and because it fits your needs (and your body). I've spent far too many miles and dollars on bikes that just didn't fit right. Don't make that mistake.

You're already riding a good quality bike.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:55 PM
humpbackbob
Cruiser

Of course, this being a Harley Forum, get the Glide. I would look at the Road Glide as well. The Fairing will give plenty of wind protection.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:02 PM
KindredSpirit
Advanced

I sold my '05 C90 (it came with dealer installed windshield and bags) and now have an ElectraGlide Standard. The only thing the Boulevard did that I liked better was that it was easier to roll around when parked. Other than that the Harley wins. I never got over a fewthings with the C90: The bars were too wide and cranked my wrists into an uncomfortable position. The fuel tank at 3.8 gals was way too small. Themotor with its dual crankpin layout just sounded wrong. If you don't mind the initial price difference theHarley solves all those issues plus it has much better resale. You are gonna love the batwing fairing for wind protection. Itested a SG but for meI liked the extra seat height and ground clearance of the Standard. The SG windshield height is no big deal. Easy to find higher replacements.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:08 PM
Rininhoj
Cruiser

Second the RoadGlide. The fairing sits further forward, less cramped. Stock seat sits further back, same thing. Can also go with a sundowner seat which sits up & back. I would also recommend adding Kury longhorn offset highway pegs to the bar. I'm 6'2". The only thing I haven't added yet is the forward set floorboards from HD & a set of floorboard spacers from SOOS on this forum to move them out. At 6'4" it is hard to find a ride that fits. My problem with the SG is that I have been used to a frame mounted fairing for years & also thatthe lowered suspensionin the rear reduces the possible lean angle in corners. JMHO YMMV.
Rini

Old 11-13-2007, 03:10 PM
28Seven
6th Gear

Thank you very much. Very insightful info. Good stuff!

Old 11-13-2007, 03:16 PM
28Seven
6th Gear

Thanks for the info. I have noticed all of things you mentioned with the exception of the wide bars. The fuel capcaity is especially maddening. I feel like I'm just into the ride, then I have to pit. I also get muscle tension between shoulder blades on long rides. Not so much since I changed the grips. I'm wondering if it wasn't vibration coming through the bars that I am just too new to realize that was causing it. Did you ever get that problem?

Old 11-13-2007, 03:18 PM
RD GLD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't get the Road Glide. They suck and are pices of @rap!!!!

Old 11-13-2007, 03:22 PM
rome304
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

s/g may feel somewhat small to you.r/g or ultra

Old 11-13-2007, 03:22 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a few short friends with street glides and they look a little too comfy. I am 6'2" at 285 and i did not want to look like an elephant riding a peanut so i went with the Ultra Classic. I did hear the RGs are a good fit for the big and tall but it's a look thing. You either love it alot or you don't. If you choose a smaller bike do yourself a big favor and go sit on one and have someone snap a picture of you on it. Gives a good look at what you look like to the rest of the world(remember, elephant-peanut). Now go get you some tubby.

Quick Reply: Your Opinion Requested