Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto experiments

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 11:32 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Fuel Moto experiments

I've been talking with Jamie at Fuel Moto for some time about this project, most recently last week, and he sent me this email today:

Hello, Fuel Moto has been active developing the ultimate exhaust/intake/EFI package for the 96" Harley touring models, and as of this week I have tested pretty much every combination possible of slip on mufflers/baffles/modified baffles. As noted I am concentrating specifically on a combination specifically for the stock Harley headpipe. My main objectives are best possible performance for a slip on mufflerwith the stock headpipewith an emphasis on low end Tq, aquality exhaust note, and as a quality fit and finish. I have come up with a very good combination and have attached one of our preliminary dyno charts which shows huge gains in HP andTq.This combination is the K&N RK-3909 air cleaner, Power Commander III USB with our custom map, and Rush slip on mufflers with modified/custom baffles by Fuel Moto. We are still testing and are shooting for a Jan1 release of these mufflers.

See the attached dyno chart, which represents a meaningful improvement over my present setup (Rush 1.75, PCIII, and K&N). TQ is in the right place, very smooth curve peaking at 94 ft. lbs at 3200 and holding 90 ft/lbs from 2500-4500. These are my kind of numbers. The baffle arrangement will likely be small on the left, possibly even more restrictive than the smallest 1.5" baffles, simulating a 2-into-1 setup with the stock head pipes. I just hope the right side isn't so large as to increase noise above what I already have, as this is loud enough for my taste.

If you already have a PCIII, K&N, and Rush mufflers, I assume this mod would only entail changing baffles and map. I wouldn't call or email Jamie about this just yet, as when these are ready we'll know soon enough.

[/align]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4327/8D7EF21250FB463899BA7877A770DDB8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-13-2007, 12:13 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Fuel Moto experiments

Ain't Jamie great?

Sorry, but I'm calling him now.......He needs to getthis kiton the street for testing.......And I'm the perfect guy to give him feedback...................Thanks for the heads up!

Old 11-13-2007, 12:17 PM
07FLHRCMarinePatriot
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

After seeing this I wondered what my chart looked like. Does anyone know if it's possible to extract it from the PC III software with themap Jamie downloaded? Or is a dyno run the only way? I know how to get the table of course, but not a chart.

Old 11-13-2007, 12:22 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: YodaddyKeith

Ain't Jamie great?

Sorry, but I'm calling him now.......He needs to getthis kiton the street for testing.......And I'm the perfect guy to give him feedback...................Thanks for the heads up!
No, I'm the perfect guy, damnit! Yeah, I also volunteered to be a beta tester, by replying to his email. He may curse me for posting this early, but I thought many would like to know. Let's don't bother him too much, as it distracts him from perfecting this project!

Old 11-13-2007, 12:24 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: 07FLHRCMarinePatriot

After seeing this I wondered what my chart looked like. Does anyone know if it's possible to extract it from the PC III software with themap Jamie downloaded? Or is a dyno run the only way? I know how to get the table of course, but not a chart.
The chart is independent of the PCIII, the map, or the PC software. I have a chart for the map I'm running now (PCIII, K&N, and Rush 1.75), attached. I thought it was impressive for a stock bike 'til I saw Jamie's latest effort.

Again, the map below is the chart based on the map I'm running today, not the new Fuel Moto experiments. It is shown as a comparison to the improvement shown in the map in my first message.
[IMG]local://upfiles/4327/DA0D0FBFA7AE4454B5C888210EB142CE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-13-2007, 12:38 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned

Ok, i just got off the phone with Jamie.....I'm first in line, and in just a few days he'll ship me the whole setup.

For those of you who ain't never dealt with Fuelmoto and Jamie, you cannot find a guy who is more into it, talented and totally dedicated to "the cure".

Jamie has configured an astounding package using off the shelf aftermarket Rush slipons and stock headpipes, along with a specific K&N filterkit....It's out performing even the best 2 into 1's and also keeping torgue up in the lower RPM's...Basically the curve is as flat and high as you are ever gonna get any power curve on a stock 96.....And yeah, it's kinda loud at WOT, but that's what I'm into!

What he has done with the Rush slipons is reconfigure the baffles with the left being considerably different than the right....He hand welded these up and made dyno test after dyno test until he found just the right configuration for each muffler/baffel. It took him lots of trial n error but he just now hit on the best set up.

I told him to let it cool off and ship it as is along with the map and air cleaner kit I need.

Now you know whyI went with PCIII from FeulMotoUsa.com vice SERT or Tmax......You just don't find that kinda effort and personal service from anyone except for a few guys in the industry like Jamie at fuelmoto.....And oh, I also lovehis price compared to the alternatives.....Guys like him diserve to get rich, you know?

Thanks again for the tip, iclick!

Old 11-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 323 Likes on 199 Posts

For a stock bike that is pretty impressive. Compare the Fuel Moto chart to my chart and you can see Jamie is pulling off performance that is dead on with my 2-1. It would be nice to see the AFR reading on the Fuel Moto chart. Obviously the big difference in appearance in these charts is the Fuel Moto starts at 2500rpm and is done STD, while mine is started at a much lower rpm and done is SAE.

Jamie is doing some very impressive work. He will have a winner on his hands with the two pipe crowd.

Old 11-13-2007, 12:47 PM
swipter
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please, let us know the difference in volume between the 1.75s and the new set--up.

Thanks

Old 11-13-2007, 12:50 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned

Don't compare your chart to the one iclick supplied!.....iclicks chart is for his configuration BEFORE this latest from Jamie......All that is different with the latest is the baffles and map, tho....yet it yields well above 90ft/lb tq over a very flat curve.

Old 11-13-2007, 12:52 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 323 Likes on 199 Posts

I was comapring it to the one in his original post. I thought that was the one he got from Jamie based on these latest baffle mods.

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto experiments