Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto experiments

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 01:43 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Fuel Moto experiments

I agree, but that was when I was attempting to ID which chart was actually yours....Jamie told me that his fix included the K&N 3909, and one of the charts you supplied stated Big sucker so I assumed it was the chart for your bike.

This thread filled so fast I got confused arrowing up n down tween your post and didn't realize you had posted two charts in two separate posts.....DUH

Old 11-13-2007, 01:57 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: Biggzed

For a stock bike that is pretty impressive. Compare the Fuel Moto chart to my chart and you can see Jamie is pulling off performance that is dead on with my 2-1. It would be nice to see the AFR reading on the Fuel Moto chart. Obviously the big difference in appearance in these charts is the Fuel Moto starts at 2500rpm and is done STD, while mine is started at a much lower rpm and done is SAE.

Jamie is doing some very impressive work. He will have a winner on his hands with the two pipe crowd.
I'd like to see down to 2000 myself, but if you extrapolate the curve it looks to be similar to yours. Please define STD vs. SAE. Keep in mind that by restricting the flow on the left muffler, he is similating a 2-into-1 system. In fact, if you plugged the left muffler completely you would have a de facto 2-into-1, it would seem.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Scootr
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is great. Sounds like my Rush/BS/PCIII combination that is already great will be getting better.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:01 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member

Its been a yr now and Fuelmoto is Still playing with basic boltons.When does the none HD cams come?I dont believe HD maps are the top of his priority.No wonder the auto tuners are out selling the PCs.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:36 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: pittguy

Its been a yr now and Fuelmoto is Still playing with basic boltons.When does the none HD cams come?I dont believe HD maps are the top of his priority.No wonder the auto tuners are out selling the PCs.
I'd like to know about aftermarket cams myself, but with these numbers I'll wager most owners will opt to keep it stock. The bolt-in cam charts I've seen on the 96 haven't thrilled me at all, even the much-lauded Andrews 26, which based on two charts produces only slightly better results than stock. It does wonders for an 88/95, but not the 96. Another with HD 211's produced decent numbers, but TQ-peak is above 4k, which is too high for me--and overall not much better than Jamie's latest experiment with a stock cam. I want TQ to peak at 3200 or lower, stay near peak from 2k-5k. Top-end HP not an important number for me--as TQ passes trucks, not HP.

I think the cam makers will start producing dedicated 96" cams soon, and I'm surprised there aren't many out by now. I'm not aware of any, actually.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:40 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

From Jamie on the humidity issue:

One quick note on humidity here in Wisconsin. Although not like LA, we have a very humid climate during the summer. It is common to have 70-90% humidity. On a more valid note, it is much more relevant that we have over 10,000 CFM of air exchange in our dyno. This has a HUGE effect on relative humidity in the dynocell as this airflow effectively dries the air which is excellent for air quality. We alsosee a big difference in outside humidity versus inside humidity in our dyno. Also the main factor to be noted is the air pressure which makes far more difference. Also note that your EFI system will effectively adjust for absolute pressure and works excellent for adapting to changing conditions. We have proven that our maps work in a wide range of conditions with over 10,000 Power Commanders sold.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:44 PM
cycleboy1450
Advanced

This is awesome news for the guys who want to keep the stock header and dual mufflers.I startedwith Jamie and his PCIII's and will continue to support him and his work.

Old 11-13-2007, 04:05 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member

There are a few cams aimed at the 96 crowd but seem to be variants of the andrews 37s or woods grinds.The PC site for a tourer has 50 to 60 maps,some advanced but for HD cams only? Opening some maps that are very close to each other yield quite a change in readings,so location is a part of this mapping?My map matches nothing on his siteor commanders site and puts down decent numbers with far less fuel and hasnt given a lean reading when dynoed.Try asking this guy for advice on a custom map using non HD parts and see what response you get.

Old 11-13-2007, 05:12 PM
llmotorcycles
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: pittguy

There are a few cams aimed at the 96 crowd but seem to be variants of the andrews 37s or woods grinds.The PC site for a tourer has 50 to 60 maps,some advanced but for HD cams only? Opening some maps that are very close to each other yield quite a change in readings,so location is a part of this mapping?My map matches nothing on his siteor commanders site and puts down decent numbers with far less fuel and hasnt given a lean reading when dynoed.Try asking this guy for advice on a custom map using non HD parts and see what response you get.
I dont think it is too hard to figure out why they dont make maps with aftermarket cams, 99% of the 96" owners have the stock cams.You yourself said there are only a few cams available and none of them being 96" specific. Maybe a better question would be: Why dont the cam makers have PC maps available for their cams? Fuelmoto does not appear to sell cams (i may be wrong) but would it really be in their best interest as a businessto make maps for other than the stock cams that 99% of the people have. I know they own an 07 test bike and am sure they do not enjoy changing cams anymore than the next guy.

Old 11-13-2007, 05:26 PM
johnny canuck
Road Captain

I think Jamie's profit margin is better with the K&N as the complete kit can be had from AutoZone for $108. Maybe he is a K&N dealer now.

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto experiments