Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EZ Pass holder for Bagger

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 11:58 AM
Bibleman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EZ Pass holder for Bagger

Does anyone have a mounting place for an EZ Pass type device? Have good luck in it reading correcting?

Old 12-22-2005, 01:24 PM
slacker
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: EZ Pass holder for Bagger

Mounted mine on left side of windshield using the free fasteners they give with the thing. Works perfectly. Trick is to not blow through at 75mph. Slow down to about 25 like the sign says.

Old 12-22-2005, 01:44 PM
w4egv
Cruiser

We have E-pass here in Florida. Should be about the same type of transmitter. Mine is attached to the inside of my tour pak lid. Never had a problem even in the high speed lanes (65). Don't ever have to move it or worry about leaving it in plain sight. The fiberglass lid has no more effect on it than a windshield.

Old 12-22-2005, 02:51 PM
bonzo2
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Doug that's good to know. My wife has one here in Tampa that I often wanted to borrow but didn't want to lose it on her. I can just stick it up on the inside of tour pak and be good to go.

Old 12-22-2005, 03:49 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: w4egv

We have E-pass here in Florida. Should be about the same type of transmitter. Mine is attached to the inside of my tour pak lid. Never had a problem even in the high speed lanes (65). Don't ever have to move it or worry about leaving it in plain sight. The fiberglass lid has no more effect on it than a windshield.

Thats nice to know. I was just gonna keep it in my jacket pocket, instead of sticking it to my windshield.
Now I'll try mounting it in my hard leather bags and see what happens

Old 12-22-2005, 05:05 PM
joearizona
Advanced

Alway have a problem with my NJ Easy pass I finnally just take it out of my pocket & hold it up. or my wife holds the darn thing up..Mine never works 100% ..& I have stuck it every were on the bike..

Old 12-22-2005, 05:10 PM
carpy
Banned

ORIGINAL: w4egv

That's some great info, I have to try it.

Thanks.

Old 12-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Bibleman
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: joearizona

Alway have a problem with my NJ Easy pass I finnally just take it out of my pocket & hold it up. or my wife holds the darn thing up..Mine never works 100% ..& I have stuck it every were on the bike..
The NY / NJ EZ passes seem to be very low powered.

Old 12-22-2005, 08:17 PM
w4egv
Cruiser

If your e-pass or ez-pass office has a test lane you can check it there before you really use it. Now I can't swear about the hard leather bags, but I don't see why it wouldn't work with them as well. Just keep it away from any metal as it will block the low power RF.

Old 12-22-2005, 08:18 PM
joearizona
Advanced

The One on My Softail Never has a problem even going thru @ fasssstttteerr Speeds & the One I have on the Truck I can haul right thru but the one on my 05 Altra just gives me a head ache. I my have to send it back for another one......
joearizona

Quick Reply: EZ Pass holder for Bagger