Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFI C.P.U.'s...T-max, power commander....

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 12:52 PM
DILLIGAF
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFI C.P.U.'s...T-max, power commander....

Any one have any hard numbers vs opinion ( I have it on my bike, so it's the best... ), Which control unit is better and for what reason? I am researching and from what I have read the T-max looks the most versital. I know there has to be one of you thats a tuner or rocket fuel chemist.....BTW not putting any ones equipment choices down in any way

Old 11-12-2007, 01:39 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: EFI C.P.U.'s...T-max, power commander....

I don't always make the best choices, so I'm used to folks laffin at me.

But when it comes to fuel management,I thinkI made a great choice FOR MY PURPOSES.

I capped those last few words because I wanted to stress what INEED might be different than others here.

I did lots of research first and talked with guys who either had or want the different offerings.

I chose the PCIII USB because it totally fit my needs and it proved itself instantly.

I'll only mention the top selling 3

The fuelpac Iconsider bottom choice because it keeps you closed loop, but it is much cheaper and offers simplicity. It's strictly plug n play-you plug it in and go.....V&H offers it as a remedy to those of us wanting to be a little louder, but not wanting to offend the greeners.....V&H don't fool me-they only offer it so they can continue to sell pipes, and they do it in a way that they think will keep all the regulators off their ***.

SERT is the Harley offering that keeps you coming back to them and their dyno with your $$$$$$$$.....But at least it works well....Very well.

Tmax works very well, but is way too expensive for the 'normal' guy who just wants to do a stage1 or maybe 2.

That leaves the other class of tuner-The PCIII USB......I like the PCIII USB cause I can myself plug in and take a look, and even tweek it if I want......Plus they offer many, many free maps that they are always updating.......OR I can stick it on a dynowhere the tech has full ability to tweek to his hearts content.

For a hundred bucks more than the FuelPac, and several hundred less than the SERT or Tmax, I get the best of both worlds.......The PCIII USB is plug n play and comes with canned map just for your bike.....Plus it will offer itself to any tune shop or yourself to tweek into oblivion.

I am very happy with my choice and don't ever see me regretting it no matter how far I go with performance mods.

Old 11-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Scootr
Road Master

Yodaddy I couldn't have said it better myself. You are going to get a lot of "opinions" on here because everyones needs and wants are different. They all can be the best one depending on what you want to accomplish. That is a good overview of each of the "big 3."

Old 11-12-2007, 02:32 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned

Thanks Smundorf,

I owe this forum lots already.

HEREI learned all aboutIDS and fuel management.....Yeah, I had to sort thru lots of posts and then go outside the forum and dig deeper, but in the end I found that my first 2 mods were very well spent investments.

IDS and PCIII are essential to stock '07 and newer touring bikes.

Neither add chrome or curb appeal, but both made my ride the the chrome shop mobetter.

Old 11-12-2007, 02:33 PM
sugarbear
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a pc III and liked it on my 04 I had to have a custom map built for it before it was perfect. That being said I went with the TM this time because I change things a lot and don't want to dyno every time. Just my way. With cost of aPC and dyno you are in the range of the TM. jmo

Old 11-12-2007, 04:21 PM
Lowly_G
Cruiser

where is the best place to buy the pc III?

Old 11-12-2007, 04:33 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll have to put a vote in for the T-Max, It is more off the get go and the PC III works well, But I live in the Carolinas 3 hours can have me in the clouds or at sea level! So the auto tuning the T-Max gives me is what I needed for sure I heard about something new being offered for an addon to the sert that will detect spark knock and adjust for that! Just my 2 cents worth

Old 11-12-2007, 04:54 PM
bluesguitar
Intermediate

I think I'm going to go with the T-Max, I have a PC111 USB and I think they will work but not like the T-Max as they only do about 1/4 if you look at a chart on them plus the SErace tuner. Thats what I know which ain't much.

Old 11-12-2007, 06:36 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: YodaddyKeith

SERT is the Harley offering that keeps you coming back to them and their dyno with your $$$$$$$$.....But at least it works well....Very well.

Tmax works very well, but is way too expensive for the 'normal' guy who just wants to do a stage1 or maybe 2.

That leaves the other class of tuner-The PCIII USB......I like the PCIII USB cause I can myself plug in and take a look, and even tweek it if I want......Plus they offer many, many free maps that they are always updating.......OR I can stick it on a dynowhere the tech has full ability to tweek to his hearts content.

For a hundred bucks more than the FuelPac, and several hundred less than the SERT or Tmax, I get the best of both worlds.......The PCIII USB is plug n play and comes with canned map just for your bike.....Plus it will offer itself to any tune shop or yourself to tweek into oblivion.

I am very happy with my choice and don't ever see me regretting it no matter how far I go with performance mods.

Not promoting the Sert but you are wrong about it. If you are going to post info about it try to get something right besides the fact that it works well.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:42 AM
DADDYO
Cruiser

[8D] Check this site out
http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/h...e_upgrades.htm

Quick Reply: EFI C.P.U.'s...T-max, power commander....