Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V & H Fuel Pak vs PCIII vs ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 01:44 PM
BergeRON
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V & H Fuel Pak vs PCIII vs ???

Hello, I'm new to the world of HD. Near the end of the month (hopefully sooner) I should be receiving a set of V&H Big Shot Duals Black for my '07 Road King Custom, I have already purchased the SE Air filter.

The more I read I'm starting to notice that nobody really uses the V&H fuel pak....Why?

Who makes the the PCIII and how much does it cost?

What other options do I have?

And if you could please help me with a little feedback on why one might be better than the other. any help is appreciatted.

On a side note...I installed the V&H Fuel Pak, V&H Staggered Short Shots, and SE Air Filter on my girlfriends '07 nightster and that thing screams now. I was going to do the same for my bike, but the more I look/Read I'm starting to second guess the Fuel Pak.

Thank you in advance!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/46348/DB5127E52025455FB6A46B05D2E60954.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-10-2007, 01:58 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: V & H Fuel Pak vs PCIII vs ???

I think if you try a SEARCH that you will find MANY Members here use and are VERY HAPPY with the V&H FuelPak including myself.

The FuelPak is GREAT but very limited - If you plan on doing any up-grades to your engine then the STAGE1 - Then other Fuel Management Systems would work better for you - Like a ThunderMax with auto tune.

Power Commander is made by DynoJet http://www.powercommander.com/eng_default.aspx
Another GREAT Unit that allows you to change more thing in the system but to fne tune it a dyno is recommended (which is more $$$)

The SE Air Kit doesn't come with a cleanable filter - It will work great for you - But when it's time to change I would recommend getting a K&N filter as a replacement

Old 11-10-2007, 02:59 PM
CREEPSHOW
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.dobeckperformance.com/Here is an option too. I am going threw the same problem dunno what system to use!! So many options and prices. My problem is I have a custom altered exhaust. SoI have to kinda quess what map to use on any of these systems except dobecks (can't afford T-max) I called and talked to Dobecks tech and there system has 3 dials low mid and high works of TP and load. You just adjust it kinda like a carb. I need to richen up the low end to get rid of the sonic popping on decel. Most people think they have to lean it on decel and both will work but riching it is way safer on the motor. Anyways the fuel pak will adjust for other pipes but mostly V and H is the choice for it. I have called and searched all day and still don't know which i am useing!!! Power commander (pcIII) is a good all around system. Maps based on WOT dyno testing and my not be real acurate under load and lower gears but is full adjustable and has a wide brand and combo list of pipes ect. SERT is nice probably the better as far as adjusting but can't break with the cash. All depends if future mods are on the list or just a pipe and A/C is all you need. Hope this helps!

Old 11-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Scootr
Road Master

I have only had my PCIII for about a week but so far I am very happy with it. I got it from Jamie at Fuelmotousa.com. Under $300 with great map for my set up preinstalled. It runs great. I may have it dynoed in the future but see no real need to do it right now. I'm sure the Fuelpack is great as well just more limited depending on what you do with your bike down the road.

Do a search for a lot more on the PCIII, Fuelpack, auto tuners etc.

Old 11-10-2007, 03:50 PM
jimbo21165
Banned

My Fuel Pack works as advertised!!!

I'm satisfied.

Old 11-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Softtail Bob
Road Captain

I to have the Fuel Pak and I'm very happy with it. I don't plan on making any changes to the motor internals so the Fuel Pak was all I needed to cool the motor off and tune my pipes and air cleaner.

Old 11-10-2007, 04:03 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

fuel pax here also very happy with the results

If you have the hd dealer install the se ac and your salesman adds it to purchaced when the bike was purchased-most dealers will do that if you do it within 60 days of purchase- the air filter is under warranty and replaced as needed free. I agree it isn't as good as a K&N but it's free. They do it when the bike is serviced.
jim

Old 11-10-2007, 06:07 PM
oasis856
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

fuel pac,easy install, great price, works fine...200 bucks from eastern performace. You'll never know what i'm running with my Hooker pipes, mostjust think it's PCIII? I beleive there are thousands of fuel pac users around, don't ask, don't tell?

Old 11-10-2007, 06:18 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the sert myself but there are many options for those who do not have an 08. What i don't understand is the people using these other options and not getting a dyno done yet the say their bike runs great. How do you know? Seems to me that the dyno is the only way to really know. I could be wrong but i did not want to find out on my bike.

Old 11-10-2007, 06:56 PM
harleyflo
Tourer

ya easy install and set up,but to tune.i am guessing to eliminate decell pop its #5 that you have to add.if you dont have a map ,for the exhaustyou have, in there bible,your on your own.

Quick Reply: V & H Fuel Pak vs PCIII vs ???