Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Protecting Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Protecting Windshield

Seems every shield I use gets "marked" on the inside surface by the HD three pocket holder. Really like the holder, as it stores my cell phone, garage door opener, sunglasses, work badge, etc. when I ride, but it rubs the back of each windshield and leaves permanent marks. No big deal unless I ever need to remove the holder or sell the shields.

Anyone else having this problem, or better yet, solved it?

Old 11-09-2007, 06:32 PM
ultrac06
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Protecting Windshield

I have thought about the little plastic self adhesive"dots" that are used for drawer glides on furniture, available at Home Depot,Lowes etc.They are about 1/4 inch in diameter. Place a couple of them on the pouch where it rubs. Probably still leave a mark on the shield but not quite as ugly. Too late for my current windshield, however[sm=boohoo.gif]

Old 11-09-2007, 07:03 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: ultrac06

I have thought about the little plastic self adhesive"dots" that are used for drawer glides on furniture, available at Home Depot,Lowes etc.They are about 1/4 inch in diameter. Place a couple of them on the pouch where it rubs. Probably still leave a mark on the shield but not quite as ugly. Too late for my current windshield, however[sm=boohoo.gif]
You know, I hadn't thought about something like that, but I bet it would work. I'll check tomorrow to see what they've got. If they have them in black it would be great. Just stick them to the back of the pouches where they touch the windshield. It would probably help stop some of the shaking by taking up the room between the pouches and shield. Thanks, Ultrac06. Good idea.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:22 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

The dots, or jest some of that protective clear film......