Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHICH EXHAUST,Commander and Intake 2 CHOOSE For an ULTRA, Also, Possible Bar change.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 10:52 PM
DaThrasher
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHICH EXHAUST,Commander and Intake 2 CHOOSE For an ULTRA, Also, Possible Bar change.

The Wife Just bought us a 07 Ultra. (god bless women like her)
I have been dickin around with the thought of gettin Rinehart duals.
My problem is, I dont want pipes that are soo freakin loud I cant hear my radio. Now I plan to upgrade my speakers , In the future, to J&Ms or Hogtunes, JBL or what have you, but for now, my plan of attack involves, True Duals, a V&H Fuel Pak or Power Commander and a Stage 1 intake or A/N Big sucker ( just cuz its fun to say Big sucker)
Through continued conversations with some of you( and I thank you all for you help and wisdom)I have come to narrow down my choices. Either Rinehart True Duals or the New V&H Big Shot True Duals BLACK. They are ceramic coated and look cool as hell, and since the Ultra is All Black, why the hell not? ( black- the anti chrome)
I have read of some issues with finding proper maps for the V&H Fuel Pak for 07' Ultras and thought perhaps some could shed some light on what to use. I have a SERT inmy 02 Softail- 95" Stage II, But money is tight and I dont forsee putting any engine work in the Ultra at any time soon. I am looking for an intake, some type of commander module and pipes. It sounds like a freakin sewing machine atm and its drivin me nuts. I know i need the IDS, cuz 5th gear whines like a Bitch.
Any light you all could shed on ideas would be not only fantastic but greatly appreciated.
ALSO. has anyone upgraded their bars on their Ultra? I have WILD 1 Mfg 16" chubbys on my Softail and love them. But the Ultra bars need to come up a bit, but the fairing is in the way. Anyone changed out their bars with something that doesnt require MAJOR Surgery?
Much Obliged.
-Thrasher.
P.S. Thank you to all our Veterans for all you have given and all you have done. If no one ever said thanks, I say it to you now. THANK YOU for my freedom and for your sacrifices. Meet me anytime down the road, and your drinks are on me.

Thrasher
American Legion Riders
Godspeed.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:13 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: WHICH EXHAUST,Commander and Intake 2 CHOOSE For an ULTRA, Also, Possible Bar change.

Loud is a state of mind - What is Loud for some is not for others -
Having RHTD on my '01 RKC they're fine and sound great till ya put the coals to it & while ridin' in the Rockie's for 2 weeks normally under a load is just 1 reason they (RHTD) didn't go on my '07 RG...
FuelPak will do ya right if your not planning any major engine up-grades - If you plan on doing them then you might consider a ThunderMax with auto tune... As for the air kit - I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Ness Big Sucker (with the Chrome backing plate just in-case you want to go to an open intake look down the road)

Old 11-08-2007, 11:48 PM
Fla Glide
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHICH EXHAUST,Commander and Intake 2 CHOOSE For an ULTRA, Also, Possible Bar change.

I thought about the RHTD on my 04 EG, A friend of mine has them on his 07 and they sound the same as my Bub bad dog's untill you crack the throttle... Then theycan get loud.. I stayed with my Bad Dogs so I can hear my radio on the interstate and no headache from the ride... But I am going to listen to a set of the VH Ovals.. Just my .02

Old 11-09-2007, 05:58 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I have found that the FuelPak does a good job with my setup of Stage 1 Intake and various slip-on mufflers. Check the V&H website to see if there is a map offered for your choice in exhausts - if so, I think you can feel confident in the setup. V&H customer support has been effective in helping me fine-tune the map for a couple of different combos. Seems like less trouble than the PCIII or SERT with similar results...