Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM Sat radio module

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 06:17 PM
sublime_ac
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XM Sat radio module

Looks like we will get the best of everything if the merger goes through:

http://www.siriusmerger.com/uploads/...el-7-23-07.pdf

Old 11-08-2007, 06:23 PM
gene01
Road Captain

hmmmm, last I checked (old style math) 13 billion was not the same as 2 billion and 5 billion

SIRIUS and XM to Combine in $13 Billion Merger of Equals
Provides Consumers with Enhanced Content, Greater Choices and Accelerated Technological Innovation
Enables Satellite Radio to Better Compete in Rapidly Evolving Audio Entertainment Industry
Extraordinary Value Creation for Shareholders
Mel Karmazin to Serve as Chief Executive Officer and Gary Parsons to Serve as Chairman of Combined Company

WASHINGTON and NEW YORK, Feb. 19 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- XM Satellite Radio (Nasdaq: XMSR - News) and SIRIUS Satellite Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI - News) today announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement, under which the companies will be combined in a tax-free, all-stock merger of equals with a combined enterprise value of approximately $13 billion, which includes net debt of approximately $1.6 billion.
Under the terms of the agreement, XM shareholders will receive a fixed exchange ratio of 4.6 shares of SIRIUS common stock for each share of XM they own.

ORIGINAL: sublime_ac

XM Value $2 Billion
Sirius Value $5 Billion

http://www.radiosatellite.org/

Old 11-08-2007, 06:43 PM
sublime_ac
Road Master

My numbers might of come from dated material.. But the facts are XM was first, is larger, has more customers.. All true... BUT... Sirius stepped up the game big time. Their programming is superior and once they got NFL, NBA, NASCAR and Howard they sucked all the wind out of XM's sails... It wasn't more than a year after that the two companies started talking about mergers. The end result will be one large company that has more programming options for us customers and lower prices (supposedly)... The combined company will be ran by Sirius' current CEO.

Nothing to argue about really.. It's all good to me.. When I put XM in my FLHX I will end up with great programming for less money when this is done... I only listen to about ten stations on Sirius and there are about that many I really like on XM so I guess I will have to figure out how to fill out the other 30 that I get for $6.99 a month.

FYI - According to Forbes XM has never been profitable, Sirius has.. And Sirius was looking to buy XM for 4.7 billion...

http://www.forbes.com/markets/econom...markets24.html

http://www.forbes.com/markets/2007/1...markets35.html

Old 11-08-2007, 08:35 PM
dstockton
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks everyone for the responses. I knew about the wire harness, it's an extra$50. As if the XM add-on isn't friggin expensive enough, but hey, my wife was desperate to get me something I wanted for Christmas so that's what I picked.

I'm going to install it myself. I've already had the fairing off for installing the oil temp gauge, Hogtunes speakers, and the current XM radio antenna (I stuck on top of the HK radio and my reception has been good so far), so it sounds like no big deal.

I don't know about Sirius, I went XM because a friend loaned me a unit to try out for a couple of weeks and I liked the DJ free music. That's all I listen to on trips anyway, no news or sports or commentary channels.

I assume if and when they merge that something will be worked out for everyone out there that has either XM or Sirius receivers. Be a real crummy deal if I spend $550 for this HD add-on only for it to be obsolete in a few months. Surely the FTC wouldn't allow a merger under that condition, forcing the consumers to buy new hardware.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:00 PM
sublime_ac
Road Master

No worries, that's one of the contingencies of the merger is that people;s equipment wont become outdated by the merger... I am looking forward to it.. I'd like to mix up their two lineups and pick 50 stations for $7 a month, sounds like a win win for me and you both

The install will be cake..