Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange Sighting On a Hard Bag

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 03:07 PM
texan321
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Strange Sighting On a Hard Bag

ORIGINAL: rguilbert

What is that round thing sticking up from the top of the hard saddlebag? I have seen about 10 of these now...Is it ventilation? Is it an antenna? It looks about 2-3 inches in diameter and seems to be raised up about 1 inch off the center of the bag. Just curious. Is it a really cool thing that I need?
Would this be called a "poser" question??????

Old 11-08-2007, 03:13 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Is it a really cool thing that I need?

Smart *** answers, for a smart *** question!!!

Old 11-08-2007, 03:30 PM
rome304
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LATEST MOD ONLY 100 + SHIPPING

Old 11-08-2007, 05:31 PM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master

the police bags are what is on my bike,the black "pucks" are on top of the lid,i like that i can open the bag while going down the road to change out glasses ,or grab something else. some think there ugly,some like the police bags,i like them alot.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:50 PM
bikergar
Cruiser

Thanks for the answers, event the smart a$$ ones. I have seen the police style bikes without the "hockey puck" before and now that I know what these are, I have seen ones with them.
Do you think you should reconsider that spelling remark?

Old 11-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Panhead_1_9_4_8
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the answers, event the smart a$$ ones. I have seen the police style bikes without the "hockey puck" before and now that I know what these are, I have seen ones with them.
I've never seen a police bike without the puck ... but I've never seen big foot either.I guess you knew the answer to the question all along.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:57 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You had to be there to appreciate the "Yuppie" reply from jaskwarek.

Heintended nothin with his yuppie comment....He was only showing off a well earned scar.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:51 AM
jskwarek
Road Master

ORIGINAL: YodaddyKeith

Heintended nothin with his yuppie comment....He was only showing off a well earned scar.
Yea nothing personal you will run across the post and get it if you haven't already.

But back to the subject at hand. I have the ability to open my bags while riding as well, and consider myself a pretty good rider, but I am not sure that I want to be cruisin' down the highway at 70 while turning around to open my bags to reach down in the bottom to find a different pair of glasses. Just doesn't seem like a wise idea to me. May be a better idea to pull over for a second to get what ever it is that you need.

I read posts on here all the time about people driving cars while eating and talking on a cell phone and how mad people get about that. What do you think you look like turned around backwards digging in your saddle bag.

Just my .02 cents.

Jeff

Old 11-09-2007, 08:36 AM
rguilbert
Cruiser

I sincerely do appreciate all the responses to my original post. I believe that the only dumb question is the one that does not ge asked. And after trying to do some research on the "hockey puck" and not finding an answer, you all have responded with the answer and judging from some other responses, I was not alone in my ignorance. These forums are great, but some responses can get mis-inturpreted pretty easy. Thanks again andsafe riding.
[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: YodaddyKeith

[/blockquote]

Yea nothing personal you will run across the post and get it if you haven't already.

But back to the subject at hand. I have the ability to open my bags while riding as well, and consider myself a pretty good rider, but I am not sure that I want to be cruisin' down the highway at 70 while turning around to open my bags to reach down in the bottom to find a different pair of glasses. Just doesn't seem like a wise idea to me. May be a better idea to pull over for a second to get what ever it is that you need.

I read posts on here all the time about people driving cars while eating and talking on a cell phone and how mad people get about that. What do you think you look like turned around backwards digging in your saddle bag.

Just my .02 cents.

Jeff

Old 11-10-2007, 09:43 AM
vindyl
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only a yuppie would ask this quiestion. That is the one thing wrong with harleys today way to damn many POSERS riding them.

Quick Reply: Strange Sighting On a Hard Bag