Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Liquid-cooled touring bikes 09 or 10

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 10:02 AM
rjrivero
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HD Liquid-cooled touring bikes 09 or 10

Easy for him to say, since he owns every year of several models.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Firetender
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW! It's always been a dream of ride a museum piece. I did it with my first car (1956 Mercury Monterey Detective Interceptor) and my first Harley-Davidson! Cheers!

Old 11-08-2007, 10:36 AM
murphyslaw1978
Cruiser

I recall when Porsche came out with a full line of 911s and Boxsters in 1999 with liquid-cooled engines. Boy, did they **** off the purists with that. Not to mention that Porsche had some engine problems with their first-gen liquid cooled engines.

If the bike is under warranty, then no one should be too concerned about taking the risk. On the other hand, I would personally wait, because I would rather be on the cutting edge than the bleeding edge of technology.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Windup08
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I went from Yamaha to Harley partly because I wanted to get away from liquid cooled....more weight, more complexity, more maintenance headaches. Thanks, but no thanks.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:02 AM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

ORIGINAL: old95

Just received the Fall issue of HD's Enthusiast mag.. As we are all aware this is published by HD & every word, article & comment is carefully reviewed by HD prior to it being released. As such please note an email that appears on page 8.

"Instead of using V-Rod engine technology to create a liquid-cooled 100hp Touring model, the Motor Company increased the cubic displacement of its air-cooled engine. All this "beat the heat" advise would not be necessary if the new models were fitted with Revolution engines. My Harley-riding friends and I hope the Company will wake up and finally realize that oversized air-cooled motorcycle engines are ready for museums and move into the 21st century with liquid-cooling"

I honestly believe NO ONE at HD would have permited this email to appear in THEIR mag. withoutknowing that this is what they are doing at this very time. I'm now going to wait on buying a new bike as a HD liquid-cooled touring bike is the future from a performance, comfort, and EPA standpoint. I'm excited & looking forward to it.
(This hint from HD was just to bold to miss)
Your post is pretty damn humorous, considering that letter to the editior appeared in the same issue where Harley had to back pedal, using a full page article, to correct their letter to the editor gaffe about Syn3, appearing just one issue ago!

Old 11-08-2007, 11:09 AM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: TX_RG

Jay Leno said it best: "it's always better to own the last year of a model than the first year of a model".
That would depend on who the model is and her age when she started modeling versus her age when she retired...

Old 11-08-2007, 11:15 AM
bigjohn1percenter
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would guess that letter is a plant from the MOCO to get the whiners off their backs and to expect a new bike in the next year or so, save the hot water for boiling eggs, i will stick to keepig it in the wind to cool her down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Old 11-08-2007, 11:15 AM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 197 Likes on 135 Posts

i'd rather see harley steal some ducati technology and start making some powerfull out of the crate air cooled motors.....

Old 11-08-2007, 11:49 AM
Gutman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I built one of those. The kits are avalible from Cycle Vision. The other posts are correct, incorrect rake and frame geometry. The extra weight kills performance. Looks nice. Useless as a Chopper.

Don't be suprised to see a museum piece that is water cooling in a whole new way.Naysayers might be impressed.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:11 PM
GreighWolf
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: MNPGRider

ORIGINAL: old95

Just received the Fall issue of HD's Enthusiast mag.. As we are all aware this is published by HD & every word, article & comment is carefully reviewed by HD prior to it being released. As such please note an email that appears on page 8.

"Instead of using V-Rod engine technology to create a liquid-cooled 100hp Touring model, the Motor Company increased the cubic displacement of its air-cooled engine. All this "beat the heat" advise would not be necessary if the new models were fitted with Revolution engines. My Harley-riding friends and I hope the Company will wake up and finally realize that oversized air-cooled motorcycle engines are ready for museums and move into the 21st century with liquid-cooling"

I honestly believe NO ONE at HD would have permited this email to appear in THEIR mag. withoutknowing that this is what they are doing at this very time. I'm now going to wait on buying a new bike as a HD liquid-cooled touring bike is the future from a performance, comfort, and EPA standpoint. I'm excited & looking forward to it.
(This hint from HD was just to bold to miss)
Your post is pretty damn humorous, considering that letter to the editior appeared in the same issue where Harley had to back pedal, using a full page article, to correct their letter to the editor gaffe about Syn3, appearing just one issue ago!
Yup [sm=exactly.gif]

Quick Reply: HD Liquid-cooled touring bikes 09 or 10