Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

King TourPak pad on chopped pak

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 05:07 AM
Uncle Fester
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King TourPak pad on chopped pak

Mrs Fester really wants me to put a King Tour-Pak on the FLHX after sitting on back of a UC (I'm sure I'm not the first this has happened to). I'm not totally adverse to the idea, but I'd like to keep the chopped-down look at least somewhat, and I like the chopped tour-pak better.

Has anyone had luck with installing a King-style backrest pad on a Chopped Tour-Pak? I can't see why it wouldn't work, but you know how HD stuff is.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:20 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: King TourPak pad on chopped pak

I did see where someone on this forum has done it. The top is the same size, from what I know, but I think your issue will come from the length of the back pad.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Uncle, if you want the backrest with arms, you will need the '06 and newer version. The older version has the pad below the armrest attached to the backrest which is probably too long for the chopped TP; the newer version has the pad seperate from the backrest and bolts seperately to the King TP.

You will need to drill holes in the lid of the Chopped TP; two on each side for the mounting bolts at the endsof the armest/backrest; and perhaps two more in the center (but I don't know if the two center bolts are the same location as those on the Chopped backrest.

Good luck; and post pics if you do it.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:39 PM
IceHeritage
Road Master

I installed one on my Chopped TourPak i will see if i can find the Part # and send it to you

Old 11-08-2007, 02:15 PM
IceHeritage
Road Master

Check out my Gallery is this what you are looking for? if sothePad that I Used for my Chopped TourPak is HD # 52892-98A it should come with a template for the hole layout in the TourPak

Old 11-08-2007, 02:28 PM
Kern
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If either of you gets a chance, post a picture so we can see what it looks like.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:42 PM
IceHeritage
Road Master

here is my Bike

Old 11-08-2007, 04:03 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless theother halfis riding with you all the time, i'd suggest you get the king tour with the detachable kit so you can take it off when she's not riding with you. It works great for me and it only goes on when she's coming out or when i'm touring somewhere. The rest of the time, I ride with a solo seat and the side bags only.

If you run chopped, it should fit as you can see from this photo that there is room for the seat to drop as long as the lid is the same. All HD packs are prepped for the seat holes if i'm correct?

Old 11-08-2007, 06:24 PM
colaSG
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just installed a King on my SG with the armrests, & the back pad is attached to the lid.
Mike

Old 11-08-2007, 06:51 PM
classicjade01
Cruiser

i have my king tour pack and my wife wouldnt let me get rid of it. so i bought a busted up chopped tour pack on ebay with detatchable brackets and all for $400 bucks. a few hours at my uncles body shop got it back in shape so now i have one of each, one for day trips and one for week trips.

Quick Reply: King TourPak pad on chopped pak