Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

King TourPak pad on chopped pak

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Default RE: King TourPak pad on chopped pak

Cola: I don't know what your dealer sold you or which parts book you looked at. The '06 Classics and the HD parts book for '06 shows the backrest and pad as seperate pieces when I was shopping for a backrest and pad.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:21 PM
quackhead
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: GlideMan

Unless theother halfis riding with you all the time, i'd suggest you get the king tour with the detachable kit so you can take it off when she's not riding with you. It works great for me and it only goes on when she's coming out or when i'm touring somewhere. The rest of the time, I ride with a solo seat and the side bags only.

If you run chopped, it should fit as you can see from this photo that there is room for the seat to drop as long as the lid is the same. All HD packs are prepped for the seat holes if i'm correct?
i agree..i got the king tour pack and take it off most the time. there is alot more room in it than the chopped tour pack. but im lucky...my girlfriend hates the tour pack on the bike. she says it pushes her forward to much. planning on getting the tour pack relocation kit this winter to give her more room.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:27 AM
colaSG
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Harleypingman

Cola: I don't know what your dealer sold you or which parts book you looked at. The '06 Classics and the HD parts book for '06 shows the backrest and pad as seperate pieces when I was shopping for a backrest and pad.

Look on page 422 in the 2008 HD Genuine Motor Accesories & Parts book part # 51634-06 King Tour-Pac Backrest Pad Street Glide Styling. 97 & later Touring models equiped with King Tour-Pac luggage. Styled to match SG original equipment or Sundowner seats.This is the one I bought. I got the speakers also, still need to install them. When I pull the tank off to do the 103 HQ I will run the wires to the front.
Mike

Old 11-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Cola: Thanks for the reference to the HD P&A book. I didn't want the pad attached to the backrest so I went to the 2006 HD Touring Parts book. The backrest and pad can be purchased as seperate parts; IIRC the pad was $30.