Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmets, Full that slip up

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 01:20 PM
MassHD
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Helmets, Full that slip up

Hear is another company that has some good cheap and light helmets.

http://www.scorpionusa.com

Old 11-09-2007, 06:35 PM
bikenuts
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Nolan 102 and like it very much. But it is heavy at 4lbs, vs non-modular full face at 3lbs. That's a 33% weight increase that can easily cause neck strain in the course of a long ride. And, as is the case with ALL modulars, it is noisier because it is not a solid piece. It does have a great quick release neck strap which I can fasten or unfasten with gloves on, and a very "positive" release system for the flip-up portion. It come with a fog-free insert for the visor which does work! All in all, a good helmet if you are comfortable with the weight and the additional noise factor.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Dale Franks
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was riding home from work today wearing my HD Stealth modular with the face shield up. I was doing about 50, when I heard a loud crack!, my head snapped forward, and the face shield flopped down.

It turns out that the clear shield must not have been completely closed, caught the wind, and snapped off.

Naturally, the local dealer was out of stock on the clear shield, so I not only had to order a new shield, but had to buy a new Fulmer 3/4 helmet with face shield, so I can still ride to work in the mornings without freezing my nose.

So, just a word of advice, be sure the clear shield is firmly closed if you ride with the face up.
[/align]

Old 11-09-2007, 07:19 PM
BIGCHIEF
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got the HD or HJC name change modular and really like it. Helmets are like pipes, I don't think you bought pipes based on others recommendations; and you shouldn't do it for a helmet either. TRY THEM ON, walk around for 1/2 hour and see if you can live with it. they are pricey and you only want to buy 1 (at a time)

The show in northern cal seems to be a good thing, I would recommend staying away from the cheapos on ebay, you get what you pay for.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:38 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Fullmer Modus. They have a great warranty. You'll need it. First one lasted me less than 2 months before it started falling apart. The new one, replaced for free, whistles like mad at 60 mph + just like the old one did. It's been on a shelf in the garage since June. Wear the HD half lid with the removeable ear flaps when it's cold along with goggles and a bandana or fleece face mask. Worked great at 42 degrees and rain throught the Bighorn Mountains.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:40 AM
TX_RG
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to save some money, remember:
HD Systems Helmet is the HJC SyMax
HD Stealth Helmet is the KBC Flip-Up

HD is also carrying the AGV flip-up now.

There are 2 basic molds, round and the oval. Aria, KBC are more oval and Shoei, HJC, AGV are more round.