Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmets, Full that slip up

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 03:25 PM
rapz
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Helmets, Full that slip up

I have the HJC and it's good. Shoei and Nolan are good brands. I'd ck for weight, air flow into vents, and seal from noise and wind at base of helmet.

Old 11-07-2007, 03:59 PM
stvmike
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Harley's full face modular. I like it except for the wind noise that comes through the shield.
It's nice to just lift it up to talk to someone. I rode with it for over 10 hours on a trip and it didn't fell that bad as weight goes, but I wear a helmet all the time.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Phrogman
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Harley modular one is a rebranded HJC. I bought one for winter riding in Virginia when I still had to stop and show my face and ID at a gate to get to work. It came in real handy and allowed me to ride in the wee hours of the morning through most of the winter. I called it quits at about 28 degrees. Even with the batwing my hands froze on the 1 hour, 15 minute minimum commute.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:06 PM
TX_RG
Cruiser

I have a Shoei MultiTec and a Caberg Jurmissio. The Caberg is a great helmet, with an internal flip-down visor. I only wore it twice becuase I bought a large, but since it is a European made helmet it runs small. If you wear an Adult Medium, I would make you a really great deal...........

If you can afford the MultiTec, it is a much higher quality helmet than the HJC.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:07 PM
steelhead
Road Master

I have a HD (made by Nolan I believe) branded modular and my wife has a HJC. Both work fine but we wear 1/2 helmets more often than not.

I find even with temps hovering around freezing that I prefer the 1/2. I have a Bell Drifter with integrated ear muffs. I just wear a fleece face mask and go for it. When it is raining though, the modular sure does shine!

Old 11-07-2007, 05:17 PM
zoomin
Advanced

Had hd stealth latch broke and rain ran down the inside of the shield when it rained. Had it replaced under warranty. First rain storm the rain ran down the inside of the shield again. Been sitting in my garage the last 6 months and I bought a regular full face scorpion for rainy and cold days.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:19 PM
Mikeeeeeeeeee
"Moderator & Connoisseur of Ice Cream"
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

HJC modular.
My neighbor has been through two crashes with the same HJC.
He would not be here if he had been wearing tupperware.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:50 PM
ironoxide
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Helmet shape differs between manufacturers. The best one is the helmet that fits your head shape the best. HJC generally fits round heads best. The Shoei Multitec generally fits oblong heads best. You decide, but try them on before you buy.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:01 PM
NCCopBikeRider
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

According to the AMA the most encountered injury from non-fatal motorcycle accidents is lower jaw and mouth injuries.

Good enough reason to wear a full face or modular.

We have and wear both the Nolan and Schubert.

A it on the pricy side but heck my head is worth it

Old 11-09-2007, 12:39 AM
Teek
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As long as it's DOT approved, fits well, is comfortable, user-friendly, and has features you like, price doesn't matter too much. A low-end Vega can offer just as much protection as a high-end Nolan or Shoei. But if the high dollar helmets FIT better, are more comfortable to you and you like them better, then get the more expensive one! Shoei's simply don't fit me well. Nolans don't feel right on my little noggin either. My Vega's rear vent cover broke off, and the chin strap is hard to manipulate with gloves on...one of the only conditions I wear the damn thing! Andremoving/replacing the visor is overly complicated, IMO. So in that respect the Vega doesn't offer methe quality I'm looking for. I have minor issues with KBC, but only minor ones. I like HJC of the ones I have actually found in my size...but they aren't perfect either. They are fairly priced, too. The more expensive brands tend to have superior venting and better features such as the already mentioned flip-down sun visor. They also tend to offer a better "seal" against the elements, fog reduction, easier operation of the chin bar latch,etc. HJC will work just fine for me with a Fog City anti-fog face shield insert.

So, get out there to some motorcycle accessory shops and different bike dealerships (yes, even the metric dealers) and try on some in your size that you might consider, maybe even while wearing gloves? Then either buy it there on the spot, or order THAT helmet modelonline somewhere.

If it doesn't fit, or is uncomfortable, it's not going to do a whole helluva lotta good!

Teek

Quick Reply: Helmets, Full that slip up