Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hesitation on 08' FBW throttle

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007 | 07:11 PM
OnTheFence
Tourer
Default RE: Hesitation on 08' FBW throttle

I certainly have been less than excited regarding the TBW as well. It seems as though it requires too much input to get to the point of cracking it just off idle.It feels like the plates close to 0 throttle way before the grip hit it's closed stop.

It would be interesting to see what the service manual has to say about this. You would have to think that there is an adjustment of some sort..

Old 11-07-2007 | 07:20 PM
CREEPSHOW
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: morespeed

The rear cylinder not firing is an option you can have turned on or off.It makes the rear cylinder an air pump to cool the motor.I have rode dozens off 08's and never noticed a lag in the throttle.
Really, you can turn it off?

Old 11-07-2007 | 07:23 PM
peddler
Club Member

You are absolutely correct. I did write the directions backward. Nevertheless my question remains. Is it a fact you can no longer disengage the cruise by closing the throttle below cruise speed??? There are enough '08's out there. Somebody's got be able to answer this one.

Old 11-07-2007 | 07:25 PM
ms3300
Road Captain

Just bought an 08 EGClassic, love the bike and haven't noticed any hesitation. I ride this post and rode my scoot just to check..nothing, just smooth acceleration and a big smile.

Old 11-07-2007 | 07:41 PM
Windup08
Road Warrior

Peddler....I'm pretty sure you can't. If I happen to get another chance to ride this week I'll check for sure. But since the throttle already goes back to the zero position I don't believe there is a way to turn it further back to disengage cruise.

Old 11-07-2007 | 09:26 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: oldhippie

Seems the EPA doesn't like it when you can go WFO and dump a lot of gas into the jugs to aggressively accelerate.

So I have no idea if this is also perhaps a EPA thingy.. but, stranger things have happened.
That was my initial thought on it as well. But with fuel injection it really shouldn't be like it was in the days of direct control over the butterfly and/or slide in a carburetor. It's not like there should be big gobs of fuel instead of a mist entering the cylinder.

Remember when they put dash-pots on the carbs in cars/trucks so the throttle wouldn't slam closed? Remember when they took direct throttle control away from us with the CV carbs?

Pretty soon we'll have to submit a request to D.C. to accelerate; maybe every engine will have its own IPV6 address on the Internet at all times...

Old 11-07-2007 | 10:07 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: peddler

Is it a fact you can no longer disengage the cruise by closing the throttle below cruise speed??? There are enough '08's out there. Somebody's got be able to answer this one.
No, it is not a fact. That's how I disengage my cruise every day.

Old 11-07-2007 | 10:33 PM
xspeedrj
6th Gear

Mine has the hesitation or dead spot. I get it off idle and thought it was a clutch problem catching funny or too late on the lever.

I even notice this flat stop in first gear letting out the clutch going around right angle turns. I tried keeping the throttle up and apply the rear brake a bit to get over that flat stop, but haven't felt too comfortable doing that either.

The hesitation is even more noticeable with a passenger...least to me. Annoying, but trying to get used to it on an otherwise perfect bike.

Old 11-07-2007 | 10:37 PM
Artur
Cruiser

I had the lag also, I felt it the most when I turned from a stop. There wasn't any quick snap I was use to .
Getting more torque from the VH dual and SERT solved that problem.

Old 11-07-2007 | 10:53 PM
KindredSpirit
Advanced

I just made the swap from an 07 Sportster to an 08 FLHT. No throttle hesitation on the FLHT and much easier to add cruise later. I have nothing but praise for the 08 product.

Quick Reply: Hesitation on 08' FBW throttle