Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hesitation on 08' FBW throttle

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007 | 07:36 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Hesitation on 08' FBW throttle

No problems with mine either.

Old 11-07-2007 | 07:37 AM
Paniolo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Last weekend one of my Ride Like A Pro students had an 08 StreetGlide with the FBW throttle. He let me ride it, and I have to agree, there is a "lag" to it. It did make immediate throttle response for slow speed work a bit more challenging, and frustrating. Like anything, I guess you can get used to it and adapt your technique. I was happy to go back to my cabled bike.

On the other hand, the Brembo Brakes are AWESOME!

Old 11-07-2007 | 07:46 AM
RD GLD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have not had an issue with that what's so ever. Much better than my cabled "98" RG.Smooth as silk and shifting is great.

Old 11-07-2007 | 08:04 AM
CREEPSHOW
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

I test drove about 6 bikes in Kansas City Harley Factory open house. Demo rides are great and I go often. Rained out last year so I went this year after I got my standard. One bike I waited forever in line to ride was the SE roadking. I first was told by a buddy that road a touring bike before me said that he noticed the rear cylinder stop onhim and he thought WHAT DID I DO! Thoughthe broke it. We later found out about this additional feature. So I was ok I'll be ready for that and when I road the SE it was very annoying! Lots of power riding but from a stop I wanted to see what this girl could do and I was amazed..... it fell on it's face! Big time dead spot between the throttle cutting out and the dead cylinder it wouldn't even chirp the tire! After you where rolling drop the clutch and same thing. Now it wasn't lack on power because it had plenty with a roll on throttle excel. I thought eww sure glade I bought a 05 even if this was only a mechanical problem with this actual bike. Now reading this thread I see other have had the same trouble. just my two cents. Ultrasweet your not the only one.

Old 11-07-2007 | 08:06 AM
Windup08
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Jinks....Yeah, if I touch the brakes cruise disengages as you would expect, but having to roll the right grip what feels like a half turn to get some acceleration above my cruise speed does take a little getting used to. It really surprised me the first time I used the cruise because I felt like I kept turning and turning and nothing was happening, but once I hit the throttle position where I would normally be holding it to ride at that speed under manual control, then it started responding. Actually it didn't take much to get used to, but really felt wierd the first few times. When I release the throttle the bike returns to my cruise control setting.

Old 11-07-2007 | 08:11 AM
kdietz
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wifes '08 SG has the off idle hesitation. I don't ride it very much, but it's hard to get used to coming from my '06 w/cables.

Old 11-07-2007 | 11:16 AM
OregonRoadKing
Tourer

Mine has not shown any lag either and is a smooth as silk. The dealer should address it. Ask them to compare with some other '08's that they have and see how they act. Hopefully they won't have the lag and then they'll have something to look for. Hopefully they won't give you the runaround just because it's hard to figure out.

Old 11-07-2007 | 11:39 AM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It says in the manual you will notice this when bliping the throttle, my 08 did it but either I got use to it or it smoothed out after a couple of hundred miles but it was ok then.

Old 11-07-2007 | 11:46 AM
reddfinn
Cruiser

My 08 UC does not have the throttle hesitation at all. With 2500+ miles in four weeks, the TBW works great.

Old 11-07-2007 | 11:49 AM
NICK56
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

2 buds got 2 ' 08 rg's no issues

Quick Reply: Hesitation on 08' FBW throttle