Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMR's 107 Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Cycleman6
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GMR's 107 Kit

ORIGINAL: PhilM

I think he used to, but is now just boring the stock jugs to 3.93x"
Can anyone comment on the positives of the lined cylinders versus just a stock bore? My builder measured the bore and said he measured it to be 3 and 15/16...which I believe is the same as 3.9375

Old 01-10-2008, 05:53 PM
Cycleman6
Cruiser

Just got the bike tuned and did a dyno pull. GMR build put down
116tq/101hp
Whatcha guys think? I don't have the sheets yet as I had to drop it off and tuner just called me with the results.
BTW, I do have the R&R cam plate AND D&D Fat-Cat...Yes, Phil it does take work to make it fit!!

Old 01-10-2008, 06:19 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

It should be fun to ride. Not sure why the stock cam plate was swapped as I understood it was a pretty good improvement over the old cam chain tensioner set-up.

Hope you get many, many fun and safe miles out of the build.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:19 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Cycleman6

116tq/101hp
Whatcha guys think? I don't have the sheets yet as I had to drop it off and tuner just called me with the results.
BTW, I do have the R&R cam plate AND D&D Fat-Cat...Yes, Phil it does take work to make it fit!!
THat's great! 116ft/lbs of torque will be a blast on ANY bike!!!! Congrats!!!!

I think there must be a difference in tranny bracket on the 07 / 08's that allow it to work. There is now way it would work on my 05, w/o denting or bending the pipe.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Cycleman6
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: PhilM

ORIGINAL: Cycleman6

116tq/101hp
THat's great! 116ft/lbs of torque will be a blast on ANY bike!!!! Congrats!!!!

I think there must be a difference in tranny bracket on the 07 / 08's that allow it to work. There is now way it would work on my 05, w/o denting or bending the pipe.
Umm..FatCat lovers might not want to hear this...You are right..no way for it to fit without denting/bending the pipe! Sooo....We had to do some 'custom fabrication.' I'll get the bike back Saturday probally, so try to post some pictures of it. I don't think it's noticable at all, but he had to bring the head pipe out a few mm by cutting the pipe and then welding it. You can't see anything behind the heat shield. The heat shield also had to be notched to fit around the cam plate cover.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:14 PM
TXCHOP
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Congrats on the build cycleman. It sounds like a nice combo you got there. Did you ever find out which heads you have.? Were they R+R ported stock one or other. The tq number is nice, but wonder why the HP is a little low. Which tuning device did the tuner use? DTT? SERT?

Nice job on keeping the Camplate and pipe!

Old 01-10-2008, 08:34 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funnycause Steve just told me again that this R&R cam plate will fit and that he does it all the time with D&D pipes and just trims the heat shield. Guess I better ask him about it cause I sure ain't cutting up a Boarzilla pipe.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:48 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member

Graham ~ I don't think there's an issue w/the Boarzilla... just the FatCat.

Look at the pics I posted... It may be different on the 07/08's but based on what is said here, it's sounds the same to me.

I was not willing to give up my pipe, so I got rid of the camplate.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:19 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Understood Phil, and I'm on the same page as I don't want to start hacking away at a brand new pipe to fit this R&R camplate. If it's the heat shield that's one thing, but having to cut and reweld the pipe is a major pain in the a$$, especially when my bikes three hours away from anywhere I can weld it, and I don't feel like jockeying the pipe back and forth to get it fitting. Simply ain't worth the headache.

I better check with Steve tomorrow regarding this plate and the pipe cause he was ordering the pipe for me with a quiet bafle since Bart only had the standard baffle. I'm seriously thinking of some T-rex or Rinehart pipes at this point? Pipes are getting on my nerves, wait....maybe it's just that I quit smoking last Monday. Yes i'm a bear this week.

I would have thought that if there is an issue with the Fatcat fitting@ 1-3/4" diameter, then the Boarzilla at 1-7/8" to 2" on the head pipe might have more of an issue unless they have redesigned it somewhat? Can anyone confirm the difference or if it will fit the R&R Camplate? Ohhhhhh Steve?

Old 01-10-2008, 09:27 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member

If shimming the rt floorbd is part of the equasion, then it sounds like the tranny bracket is also being shimmed. If those are both true, then what happens at the hanger in the back? Either it will have to be moved to the right, or the muffer has to be installed @ an angle ~Neither ofwhich are acceptable options for my scoot.... [&:]

I'd loose the camplate before choosing a different pipe... but that's just me.

Quick Reply: GMR's 107 Kit