Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMR's 107 Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 09:57 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: GMR's 107 Kit

Keep your FatCat! There's NOTHING wrong with the stock camplate.

I asked them what pipe they recommended and they said they have used ProPipes with them, but was having no part of that. I ran ProPipes in 2000. Things have progressed since then.

There is a lot of "hype" around the plate, but I was not about to forfiet the torque of the FatCat for the designer camplate. The bottom end ventilation aspect of the R&R plate is interesting, but Fueling has a crankcase vent system that effectivey accomplishes the same thing.

Like I said, it "may be different" on the 08's, but I doubt it. If you have to pick one over the other.... PIPE!!!! keep the PIPE!

Old 11-05-2007, 10:01 PM
Cycleman6
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Phil..I'll give you the update once we piece it together and check the fit but I'm already expecting it not to fit. Thanks for the head's up.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:06 AM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the upgrade. I have GMR's 107" build with the R&R heads, but opted for smaller cams in the S&S 585's with a gear drive kit. It's a wicked combo that runs some wild torque curves, and keeps ahead of the packs I ride with. I also went to a larger T'B/Injectors which was OK, and later added HP Inc's eliminator breather. That took some machining but gives it a finished look when completed, and moves tons of air.

Our builds are very much the same, and you're gonna have some fun when it's tuned in. Sorry but can't hlp you with the SERT as I went with a Thundermax from Zippers and bought it through Bart (Shooter64) here on the forum. Excellent ECM which I do have some customized maps for should you change your mind on the ECM of choice. Stay in touch and tell Steve, Graeme from Calgary says hello, and I still want my spark plugs! lol

You'll get a lot of questions regarding those R&R head markings, and most will come from those you've torched in your area. It's kinda funny, but you'll see what I mean soon enough. Have fun and buy lots of spare 150 tires. I'm on my second and have my third ordered already.

By the way, Keep the FatCat. I side with Phil on this one!

Cheers!

Old 11-06-2007, 06:13 AM
karlrockdrain
Advanced

Cycleman,

please let us know how you go with the Fatcat clearance issue. I was going to put the exact same build in my '07 SGlide ,but as my crank was replaced due to run-out, im now replacing the 107 barrels with Axtell 117 barrels.
I dont need problems with the R&R cam plate as i have powercoated it already and i have a Black Fatcat as well.

karlrockdrain

Old 11-06-2007, 06:30 AM
Cycleman6
Cruiser

Regarding the R&R Heads..I take back my prior statement. I thought they would be R&R heads, but they must be reworked heads because they have no external stamping on them.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:43 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Got a buddy that had a 07 Heritage done with the 107 gmr build from our builder in south alabama.
. He has the R&R cam plate for the gear drive cams and the D&D Fat Cats worked on his bike, He also has the TM A/T. He came out with116hp and 126tq on the dyno. He had his pinion shaft and sprocket shaft welded to the flywheel. His bike will scream. He has problems with traction when taking off it has so much tq.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:45 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: cardboard
. He has the R&R cam plate for the gear drive cams and the D&D Fat Cats worked on his bike,
FatCat for Softail & Bagger are two totally different pipes.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Cycleman: Are you using RevPerf nikasil lined cylinders?

Old 11-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Cycleman6
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Harleypingman

Cycleman: Are you using RevPerf nikasil lined cylinders?
I don't know. Does anyone know if Steve does this standard on all his kits?

Old 11-06-2007, 05:39 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member

I think he used to, but is now just boring the stock jugs to 3.93x"

Quick Reply: GMR's 107 Kit