Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apes on a roadglide

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007 | 05:28 PM
J.boogie
|
Novice
Default RE: Apes on a roadglide

ORIGINAL: TampaJim

Kind of defeats the purpose of the Road Glide don't it?? Here you pay for all that fairing to protect you from the elements , then stick your hands and arms out in the wind.

Thank god it's all about freedom of choice huh guys? Ride what you like, I'll ride what I like 20k a year for 28 years, I got my own tastes but hey thanks for your concern.

Old 11-05-2007 | 06:21 PM
Big Pa
Road Master

Arent the wideglide bars sorta considered "mini apes"?
Joe

Old 11-05-2007 | 09:41 PM
GMONEY220
Road Warrior

I doubted the apes for the longest of time base on pure overall perception of them being up high cant be comfortable.It only took a 40 min ride for me to change my mind for good!!!After some trial and error with set of twelves i had custom made,i ended up with some 16"***** Fers by la choppers with 6" on the pullback.I'm talking dead on comfort for me,no more sore shoulder blades or cramps!

Old 11-06-2007 | 01:45 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: GMONEY220

I doubted the apes for the longest of time base on pure overall perception of them being up high cant be comfortable.It only took a 40 min ride for me to change my mind for good!!!After some trial and error with set of twelves i had custom made,i ended up with some 16"***** Fers by la choppers with 6" on the pullback.I'm talking dead on comfort for me,no more sore shoulder blades or cramps!
Thank you very much, GMoney. I have 18" apes, and they are more comfortable they any other bar I have tried. It just piises me off when someone, who probally has never ridden a bike with apes, comes on here saying they cause back pain, or numb hands. F*ck that. We know better.

Old 11-06-2007 | 02:25 AM
BigJess510
Cruiser

Old 11-06-2007 | 02:26 AM
glook1
Cruiser

I bought an 01 Roadglide and it has 1 1/4 inch 16's on it. I'm going back with stocks. I did like the apes on the road but did not like them at slow speed in parking lots. Anybody need a set of 16's make me an offer.

Old 11-06-2007 | 06:12 AM
J.boogie
|
Novice

glook, you got mail fella I'll buy your stuff

Old 11-06-2007 | 05:00 PM
G$
Road Captain
From: LexVegas, KY...home of fast wimmen & beautiful horses

ORIGINAL: PapaTravis

ORIGINAL: GMONEY220

Thank you very much, GMoney. I have 18" apes, and they are more comfortable they any other bar I have tried. It just piises me off when someone, who probally has never ridden a bike with apes, comes on here saying they cause back pain, or numb hands. F*ck that. We know better.
FrigginDITTO dat line.

Matter of fact, I feel da same way 'bout stock bars. Dey suck and r mainly 4 chick bikes ~ Picked up my SG dis summer and da stockers cauz me all kinda back pain & squirmin afta ridinfor years wif monkey bars. I can hardly wait til Crimmus time when Santa Clauz is hookin dis brudda up.

'til then. Thank gawd I still got my udder sled. I'm just sayin....

Ironbutt Association #24301
Combat Vets Motorcycle Association
SUSPENDO EM ALTUS

LexVegas KY baby....Home of fast wimmen & beautiful horses!!!

Old 11-07-2007 | 02:41 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member

Ya, stock bars killed my back. And on the rk custom, they are suppose to be a beach bar, kind of. Didn't matter, they had to go. So, G$, you are from Kentucky? I was born in Grenville. All of my dad's family still live in Lexington and Versalles. Man, I miss home. I have not been back in so long, but I can still remember how beautiful it is. BTW, besides the beautiful horses, you forgot to mention the wonderful Bourbon. That was my drink, until just recently. I loved **** Creek so much, I had an image of it tattoo'd on my back. I can still taste it!! And, a bit of trivia for you. Bourbon Whiskey is only made in Bourbon, KY. Any other type of whiskey, is just plain ol' whiskey.