Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thunderslide Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 10:08 PM
W2KOP
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunderslide Kit?

Has anyone on the Forum installed a DynoJet Thunderslide Kit. What is the performance increase? i.e. Torque, gas mileage, starting etc: I already have Sampson exaust and a K&N air Filter. Thanks Kenny

98 Road King

Old 12-19-2005, 10:46 PM
Shift_4lo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Thunderslide Kit?

Well i am sure that is a good kit but i did the kehin jet kit it really comes with every thing you need from a stock to a fully built bike for only 39.95 which is probably the best deal out there.

Old 12-20-2005, 07:47 PM
dc1450
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Save your money! Go to the dealer and buy a needle for a 1988 Sportster 1200. install the needle and remove the aluminum plug from the boss on the bottom of the carb. under that you will find an adjustment screw. turn it in until it bottoms but DON'T tighten it, you will distort it. Turn the screw out three turns. After you replace the carb warm the motor and adjust that screw for the best idle. it wil be between two and three turns. You may find it was ok at the three.
This is the best setup for driveability, power and fuel mileage.

DC
ORIGINAL: W2KOP

Has anyone on the Forum installed a DynoJet Thunderslide Kit. What is the performance increase? i.e. Torque, gas mileage, starting etc: I already have Sampson exaust and a K&N air Filter. Thanks Kenny

98 Road King

Old 12-21-2005, 12:27 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

ORIGINAL: dc1450

Save your money! Go to the dealer and buy a needle for a 1988 Sportster 1200. install the needle and remove the aluminum plug from the boss on the bottom of the carb. under that you will find an adjustment screw. turn it in until it bottoms but DON'T tighten it, you will distort it. Turn the screw out three turns. After you replace the carb warm the motor and adjust that screw for the best idle. it wil be between two and three turns. You may find it was ok at the three.
This is the best setup for driveability, power and fuel mileage.

DC
ORIGINAL: W2KOP

98 Road King
In addition to the needle you can go to one size larger slow jet, and cut two coils off of the slide spring. This will get you a little richer, and the throttle response will be quicker.

Regards,

Bill