Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fog/running light switch and power

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 10:04 AM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fog/running light switch and power

I am getting no response in electrical so I thought I would try here too
Ok because 08 service manuals are on endless back order I managed to get a wiring diagram from an 07 at the local dealer. This helped me locate a two prong grey black on both wires unused recepticle. I tested by turning on the ignition and the toggle switch on the right side of the nacelle (sorry screaming eagle roadking) and hey I have power. So I proceed to set up some rumble road speakers. All is well and the tunes sound good until the next morning when I go to use my garage door opener (harley kit) and it does not work. Quick problem solving I turn off the toggle and it works. Well this and the fact that when I turn on my brights the music goes of too DOH! is not going to work for the music.... Well I want to wire lights as well so I will use these for what they are meant to be for but I am worried I will have the same problems with them. Hook them up quickly w/o relay and guess what the lights work and so does the garage door opener - I do not get it!! Why is all fine with the lights but not with the amplified speakers - Any ideas or thought are appreciated.

Any other ideas about where to get power for my speakers in the Nacelle?