Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pirateye's HQ 113" LIVES--UPDATED 1/15 w/ PICS

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 04:42 PM
hotpursuit
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pirateye's HQ 113" begins, with pics

ORIGINAL: Ram

Its looking great. I still can't help but wonder what he wanted the 95 build for when now going past 103 straight to 113 ?

Was something wrong with the 95? Not enough or just a short stop before taking the over 100 cu plung?

Looking forward to more pictures of the progress.

i cant answer for Kevin either, but as Dalton said once you tase it, you want more... and now that i know i want more...skip the 103 and go to 113, nahhh go 120 the cost difference at this point is very minimal.. going 120 seems like a better return of investment...

Old 11-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

FYI: The additional pics taken showing the teardown that preceded my pics from yesterday have been added at the beginning of my original post.

As for why would Kevin replace an outstanding HQ 95" build with a HQ 113" build, that's just the way it is for him, PhilM, Dalton, and others--working on their bikes and building bigger and stronger engines is a large part of their enjoyment of their bikes.

Their interest in motor building is no more understandable to me than the fact thatmany, many HD owners leave their bikes 99.9% stock except for changingthe mufflers and adding some chrome; or own a Harley touring model and ride 2,000 miles or less per year as many do; etc. It's a big hobby with a big variety of interests.

In any event, there will be more pics to follow; probably, in a few weeks and probably with a very lengthy post because when Kevin gets the parts to install, they go on the bike quickly.

Old 11-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,042 Likes on 1,105 Posts

I'll bet you another Sonic hot dog that Kevin's floor is still clean as a whistle too.

Tell him for me the map he did for my bike is great and thanks again.... Can't wait to hear about the finished product on his build. The old combo he had was awesome.

Better go back there next weekend and take your bike this time.. he'll be having withdrawals about that time. )

Old 01-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

I have updated this thread to show Kevin's progress on his HQ 113" build. The delay since the last update was due to the time for the Darkhorse crank work to be done, the holidays, and Kevin is preparing a video of the work to provide to HQ customers showing that this work is within the capabilities of most of us which slows down the assembly work.

Also, Kevin is using a number of parts that are not "required" for the HQ 113" build. These include, for example, roller rockers and SE forged rocker supports. Doug at HQ doesn't use these on the 113 he built for his personal bagger, but customers do ask about them and buy them so Kevin decided to include them in his build.

Many of us, myself included, thoroughly enjoyed the pics and information provided by Dalton (Guy) and Phil as they built their HQ 120" monsters. Hopefully, this thread will also prove interesting to some of you who enjoyed Guy's and Phil's threads. Unlike Guy's and Phil's projects, which were engine building undertakings requiring fitment and machining issues, Kevin's is a bolt together package--so it is an engine "assembly" project. Thanks to Guy, Phil, Allan, and others, the 120 will shortly be, if it isn't already, an "assembly" project.

Hope you enjoy the update.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:27 AM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts

Great pics and write up, sure beats the how do you wave and what are the loudest muffler threads.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:29 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,167 Likes on 1,808 Posts

Very nice! Can't wait to see how he likes it.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:40 AM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want a "113" build[sm=drooldude.gif]

Wish I had the time to do it my self. Wish I knew somebody locally downhere that could do it and be as bad *** as these guys....[sm=smiley25.gif]

Old 01-09-2008, 06:04 AM
Ultra61
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Sheeezuie...This is amazing...pingman those are just greatphotos and info...this forum/post just does not stop w/ good info...

Thanks...Tim fromEastern PA.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:56 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Excellent stuff Carl!

Thanks to both you & Kevin for sharing!

Old 01-09-2008, 10:09 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks Carl for the pics and narration! Excellent job!

Quick Reply: Pirateye's HQ 113" LIVES--UPDATED 1/15 w/ PICS