Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! PCIII TROUBLE

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 07:20 PM
Scootr
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP!!! PCIII TROUBLE

I can see where all of this can be very frustrating. Mistakes happen as a fact of life. Hopefully this all gets worked out early next week and you are once again happy with your bike. It has givin me some things to pay attention to and look for when I do my install this week. Good luck to all of us.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:18 PM
mhuckeba
Intermediate

I Did The Same Thing And Mine Runs Great Right Out Of The Box Jamie Did A Great Job.

[IMG]local://upfiles/41735/979F880486D24727B95F8F90B2CE0A99.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-03-2007, 09:03 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

Easy does it.. it's understandable that he's not feeling any too good at the moment.

Working with a PCIII and getting up to speed and understanding all of the intricacies of somthing as complex as this can be like drinking from a fire hose.. and it takes time to absorb and not be entirely overwhelmed with all of it. It's easy to see how the O2 sensors thing got overlooked if they weren't in the package. Then to add to that we ALL understand howimportant the health of our bikes are to us, and how upsetting it can be when something isn't right.

Hopefully he gets the O2 sensors in and it all falls in place.

So wouldn't it make sense if a vendor is going to put a custom map in a PCIII that they'd also bring the firmware up to rev at the same time? Save the customer a little greif and also maybe avoid a couple downstream phone calls? Makes sense to me.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:47 PM
oneshotdog
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Jinks

You're makin' a *lot* of noise about this, & puttin' *all* the blame on FuelMoto. Yeah, they made a mistake, they're human. I noticed in one of your earlier posts you went back & looked at the label on the box & the invoice. Both stated the year/model the Power Commander was for. Who installed the wrong part on your bike? Who didn't check what they were doin'? Who didn't read/follow the instructions to set 0 & 100% throttle?

You've gotten some good info & advice here, but it's *YOUR* motor, make your decision & take your chances.
Hold on there, tough guy. IF YOU READ THE POSTS CORRECTLY, you would have seen that the model years for the PCIII on the box and the invoice DO NOT match. One says 2002-2006... the other says 2007. I have no idea that the part wasn't for my bike... for all I knew the part was made in 2006, and hence wouldn't speak of making them for 200 bikes... when the invoice said was for 2007, I thought it was all the same.

Secondly, as I have learned... I DID NOT install the wrong part on my bike, jacka*s... I installed a part that was missing items (O2 sensors). Which how the f*ck am I supposed to know about the PCIII and what is supposed to be included for my bike?! I am no mechanic... I fiddle with the bike and try to figure out things on my own or through the forum. WHAT I DID DO was depend upon a company that was supposed to know what it is doing... I find it comical that you think is best to place the blame on me.

Thirdly, there was NOTHING in the instructions about O2 sensors OR ABOUT setting the throttle at 0 and 100. NOTHING! Further, I specifically asked what I had to do before installing it... I was TOLD nothing about doing a bloody thing except plug it in and drive away.

So what's your deal? Do you have stock in Fuelmoto... or did I just hurt your feelings when I said some negative things about them?

Sorry that we all can't be top notch mechanics like yourself, Jinks... when I grow up, I know that I want to be just like you.

PEYTS (at Oneshotdog's house)

Old 11-03-2007, 09:50 PM
oneshotdog
Tourer

ORIGINAL: oldhippie

Easy does it.. it's understandable that he's not feeling any too good at the moment.

Working with a PCIII and getting up to speed and understanding all of the intricacies of somthing as complex as this can be like drinking from a fire hose.. and it takes time to absorb and not be entirely overwhelmed with all of it. It's easy to see how the O2 sensors thing got overlooked if they weren't in the package. Then to add to that we ALL understand howimportant the health of our bikes are to us, and how upsetting it can be when something isn't right.

Hopefully he gets the O2 sensors in and it all falls in place.

So wouldn't it make sense if a vendor is going to put a custom map in a PCIII that they'd also bring the firmware up to rev at the same time? Save the customer a little greif and also maybe avoid a couple downstream phone calls? Makes sense to me.

Thanks for the support, bro. I do appreciate it.

I figured the point of the forum was to vent, get some help for those who have already been through it, etc. Cheers!

PEYTS (at Oneshotdog's residence)

Old 11-03-2007, 11:29 PM
Peyts
Road Captain

Of note... the above two entries WERE written by me (just using a friend's system with his login).

Old 11-03-2007, 11:44 PM
Peyts
Road Captain

Cheers, dietdewboy! I appreciate the help.

Thanks again for the understanding, oldhippie!

I appreciate the help that everyone has given. I disconnected the PCIII and put the stock AC back on today when I went out for my spin. No problems. Better safe than sorry. And I still haven't heard anything back from Fuelmoto or Power Commander.

Won't be on the bike tomorrow, as snow is due to fly here. Hopefully I will hear back from Fuelmoto within the next couple of days. I'll let you know how it works out.

Old 11-04-2007, 05:31 AM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: oneshotdog

Hold on there, tough guy. IF YOU READ THE POSTS CORRECTLY, you would have seen that the model years for the PCIII on the box and the invoice DO NOT match. One says 2002-2006... the other says 2007. I have no idea that the part wasn't for my bike... for all I knew the part was made in 2006, and hence wouldn't speak of making them for 200 bikes... when the invoice said was for 2007, I thought it was all the same.

Secondly, as I have learned... I DID NOT install the wrong part on my bike, jacka*s... I installed a part that was missing items (O2 sensors). Which how the f*ck am I supposed to know about the PCIII and what is supposed to be included for my bike?! I am no mechanic... I fiddle with the bike and try to figure out things on my own or through the forum. WHAT I DID DO was depend upon a company that was supposed to know what it is doing... I find it comical that you think is best to place the blame on me.

Thirdly, there was NOTHING in the instructions about O2 sensors OR ABOUT setting the throttle at 0 and 100. NOTHING! Further, I specifically asked what I had to do before installing it... I was TOLD nothing about doing a bloody thing except plug it in and drive away.

So what's your deal? Do you have stock in Fuelmoto... or did I just hurt your feelings when I said some negative things about them?

Sorry that we all can't be top notch mechanics like yourself, Jinks... when I grow up, I know that I want to be just like you.

PEYTS (at Oneshotdog's house)
Personal responsability isn't your long suit is it? Although you do accell in name callin'...... I don't care how much you rant at me, or complain about FuelMoto being responsable, a large part of the problem lies with the wrench that installed the part without understanding it.

I'm also running my first Power Commander on a fuel injected bike. Yeah, I ordered it from Jamie & I read the available wisdom here on the forum. From that reading I verified that the '07 bikes needed the 02 sensor plugs. Then I studied the information on Power Commander's website & learned what to expect from the part, & in the box. After I received the part I checked the parts, read the instructions contained on the enclosed CD, copied the map to both my desk top & laptop computers & generally made sure I understood what I was about to do to my bike. Pretty much what I'd expect a mechanic to do since I WAS GOING TO BE RESPONSIBLE. My installation took about 20 minutes & my bike runs great. How's yours?

Old 11-04-2007, 05:52 AM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

well this really throws a bug into my post "idiots guide". sounds like i could really screw something up doin this myself. unless another brand/system is more idiot proof.

Old 11-04-2007, 08:07 AM
Scootr
Road Master

ORIGINAL: relli

well this really throws a bug into my post "idiots guide". sounds like i could really screw something up doin this myself. unless another brand/system is more idiot proof.
I don't thinkit has to be like this

Quick Reply: HELP!!! PCIII TROUBLE