Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! PCIII TROUBLE

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Peyts
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP!!! PCIII TROUBLE

Anyone else have any idea about this?! Can I run the bike as it is now - with slip-ons, SE air cleaner, and PCIII (without O2 eliminators) - without ill effects on my ride? Can't say that I have the time to f*ck around with pulling stuff off my bike again!

Old 11-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Peyts
Road Captain

Come on, guys... I am supposed to be riding in less than an hour...Can I run the bike as it is now - with slip-ons, SE air cleaner, and PCIII (without O2 eliminators) - without ill effects on my ride? Can't say that I have the time to f*ck around with pulling stuff off my bike again!

Old 11-03-2007, 04:59 PM
msh134
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have been wanting to install a pcIII on my 08 ultra and the stealer says that power comander is having trouble with a pcIII on 07 models and dont think they will work on the 08 either it sounds like this may be true or just another way for the stealer to sell me a race tuner

Old 11-03-2007, 05:05 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

The ECM is in a different spot (under the seat) on the 08s.. so they aren't yet available for the 08s. They are fine for 07s.

They are supposed to become available very soon for 08s as are the other aftermarket vendors.

Old 11-03-2007, 05:31 PM
dietdewboy
Tourer

Get your self some black electrical tape, Remove the electrical connections (black plugs,one for each sensor) from your O2 sensors, Tape up all connectors. Bingo, you now have O2 sensor eliminators. Thats all they are is just empty plug caps. I bought my PCIII from Jamie about 3 weeks ago, bike ran like crap, seemed rich, down on power, sputtering, hesitation. I didn't know about 0% throttle thing either some of the guys here told me about it. So I borrowed a lap top, loaded the dynojet software and the 2.2.0 firmware update and did the hole process in about 5 minutes.. Bike runs night a day different.

#10 will explain how to do it, and click the firmware tab for that update.

http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...downloads.aspx

Old 11-03-2007, 05:58 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

Peyts, it's obviously too late now, but yes, you can run the bike like it is either with a zero map in the PC or with the PC bypassed. Just be sure you don't go over 40% throttle so that you stay in closed-loop mode and you'll be okay. Please indicate that this topic is also being discusses elsewhere (where I checked in first and gave a much more elaborate answer).

The O2 eliminators are not just empty caps. As I stated earlier (somewhere on this subject) they are 1 megohm resistors. The make it so the ECU doesn't "think" it needs to muck with the AFVs and so that it won't throw trouble codes.

Old 11-03-2007, 06:02 PM
clutchglass
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Taterdog

When in doubt, check it. It's easy and will put your mind to ease. It won't hurt anything, and more than likely will finish matching the PCIII to your bike.
Well I warmed the bike up good & got the ol' laptop out. The software said my throttle was at 6% when it was in fact closed. I followed the instructions (simple enough) and reset it to zero. It's probably just me, but it does seem to sound a little more "harleyish". It's idling around 920 (bouncing between 920 & 1000 actually). As I'd said before, I was plenty happy with the bike & hadn't noticed any hesitation when goosing it, or any running, or start up problems. I'm hoping this gets me a little better gas mileage...only time will tell. In any case, thanks for the info folks...I'll let ya know how it turns out.
-clutch-

[IMG]local://upfiles/10668/98F6934EA5C94BD787795B532F8EC035.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-03-2007, 06:33 PM
RustyCor
Cruiser

With all of the money in your bikes...do the right thing and have it put on the dyno and dial in ALL of the RPM range!

Old 11-03-2007, 06:36 PM
chappy_2336
Cruiser

Yeah, had the same problem, got a fuelpak, no more problems

Old 11-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You're makin' a *lot* of noise about this, & puttin' *all* the blame on FuelMoto. Yeah, they made a mistake, they're human. I noticed in one of your earlier posts you went back & looked at the label on the box & the invoice. Both stated the year/model the Power Commander was for. Who installed the wrong part on your bike? Who didn't check what they were doin'? Who didn't read/follow the instructions to set 0 & 100% throttle?
It's late now, but as far as riding it goes, take a look at your plugs. You've already riden it, so are the plugs chalky white as in too lean? Or, are they normal to light brown as if they have enough fuel? If they're too white, or have a white deposit on 'em, I'd wait a while before I rode it. If they're normal to brown you *might* get away with some easy ridin'.
You've gotten some good info & advice here, but it's *YOUR* motor, make your decision & take your chances.

Quick Reply: HELP!!! PCIII TROUBLE