Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! PCIII TROUBLE

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 12:07 AM
Peyts
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP!!! PCIII TROUBLE

Wow... great job. I take it you spend a lot of time by yourself, beating dead things.Good luck with that.

Old 11-25-2007, 02:41 AM
2bigalow
Stage II

As stated above the Harley Davidson firmware is for HD only. When you upgraded your fuel firmware, it included any upgrades to the ignition firmware. Powercommanders for HD have ignition adjustments built into the powercommander itself. Other bikes, IE Honda, Yamaha, ect...use a separate add on ignition module. That is what the Ignition firmward is for. NOT your Harley. the 2.2.2 firmware you upgraded is correct. As to WHY your bike will start with the igntion upgrade I dont know, but I would take the advice previously provided and reload the 2.2.2 firmware, along with the proper fuel map before any damage occurs.

I agree, the web site can be confusing, but you are getting good advice from the last few posters.
I've done several firmware upgrades on both my Harley (fuel firmware2.2.2)and my Honda road racing bike (fuel firmware 2.3.0 and Ignition 2.3.0), and I can assure you it is a separate deal.

And just for clarification...Anyone using a PCIIIon their Harley and have that annoying cough coming off the line, thefuel firmware update takes care of that.WooHoo.Smooth asbutter now.

Hope this helps and clarifies any confusion.

Later
Jr

Old 11-25-2007, 07:37 AM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

Peyts, if you actually DO find out what the hell that 2.3.0 firmware does, ....if you learn the secret handshake, and actually survive the ceremony to become one of the chosen few,...if you do all this.. PLEASE, I BEG you, let us heathens know what it does too? Rumor is out that it modifies the popcorn popping temperature of metrics. ...but I dunno for sure..

It's amazing that it's in the same numbering stream as the HD units. If they're so different you'd think that the firmware updates would be numbered seperately, like in their own stream. Amazing too that the HD unit you have actually loaded, didn't crash and seems to run with the damn evil firmware installed.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:52 AM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: oldhippie

Peyts, if you actually DO find out what the hell that 2.3.0 firmware does, ....if you learn the secret handshake, and actually survive the ceremony to become one of the chosen few,...if you do all this.. PLEASE, I BEG you, let us heathens know what it does too? Rumor is out that it modifies the popcorn popping temperature of metrics. ...but I dunno for sure..

It's amazing that it's in the same numbering stream as the HD units. If they're so different you'd think that the firmware updates would be numbered seperately, like in their own stream. Amazing too that the HD unit you have actually loaded, didn't crash and seems to run with the damn evil firmware installed.

This has been explained. The 2.3.0 Ignition firmware is for the piggyback Ignition module. If you have a Harley PCIII model, it contains ignition functionality internally and does not require the purchase of a piggyback module. If you try to load the 2.3.0 ignition firmware onto a HD PCIII, it will accept the firmware but it's mode of operation changes. If your curious, hook up a laptop to your bike and load the 2.3.0 firmware onto it and look at the grid and internal version info. To recover from accidentally installing this firmware, just reload the Harley 2.2.2.0 firmware, reload your map (you backed it up before fiddling with it, right?) and re-zero the throttle for good measure.

http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...on_module.aspx

Old 11-25-2007, 10:06 AM
Peyts
Road Captain

Fair enough. I saved a version of the map, but for good measure I will get the original map from Jamie at Fuelmoto, andthen reload and reset everything.

F*ckin PCIII website ought to better explain what is and isn't for Harleys, though. The Firmware 2.3.0 update says that it is for all PCIII USBs. It is absolutely annoying that Dynojet has been so negligent, especially considering that iclick (as he stated above) spoke with Dynojet about this very issue. I'd argue that the company may be liable for amy damages that could occur to people's bikes as a result of this.... totally negligent!

Anyway, thanks for the info, guys... I will get the PCIIIfixed up before I ride it again. Cheers!

Old 11-25-2007, 10:08 AM
Peyts
Road Captain

oldhippie... it is always good to hear from you! I doubt that I will be the "chosen one" to be graced with the insight of such firmware information.

You gonna head out for that ride? I think it is gonna be HOT in Mass today! ;-)