Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! PCIII TROUBLE

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 08:06 PM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: HELP!!! PCIII TROUBLE

If you've loaded the 2.3.0.0 ignition firmware onto your PCIII, you'll need to reload the 2.2.2.0 fuel firmware and most likely your map will need to be reloaded as well. You should not load ignition only firmware onto a PCIII/USB for a Harley. Been there. Done that.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:04 PM
Peyts
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: BadBobOk

If you've loaded the 2.3.0.0 ignition firmware onto your PCIII, you'll need to reload the 2.2.2.0 fuel firmware and most likely your map will need to be reloaded as well. You should not load ignition only firmware onto a PCIII/USB for a Harley. Been there. Done that.
What happened to your ride after you did that ignition install? Would it start? Mine started fine last night after all the installs.

I mentioned to Jamie (of Fuelmoto) that I did the Firmware upgrades... here is what he said:

"...you need the map I can get it to you on Monday no problem. Also note the firmware will not affectthe map.Have a great weekend. Thank you......Jamie"

Old 11-24-2007, 04:10 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

That's the word I got from PC two months ago when I called them about this very question. You don't install the 2.3.0 ignition upgrade on HD's, although it isn't clear on the site. In fact, it sounds like you should install it on all bikes. I mentioned that and they still haven't changed it, inviting problems when customers do the wrong thing based on poorly worded site info.

I assume that they at least would program it to identify which units should take that FW upgrade.

Old 11-24-2007, 04:43 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, I agree. I didn't upgradeign firmware and won't till lots of feedback generated.

Old 11-24-2007, 07:07 PM
Peyts
Road Captain

I took my bike out for a spin today... ran quite well. No problems whatsoever! She had great pickup, lots of power and torque... still some backpopping, but I expect that will happen when you are running 2.5" baffles.

Not sure what the Firmware 2.3.0 ignition update was supposed to do, but the bike was all good today.

Old 11-24-2007, 07:35 PM
mrsr71
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jskwarek

I have had my PC III installed for over a year now and have never had this issue nor did any of this. Do you always have to do this. I had my PCIII mapped by Fuel Moto before I got it so all I did was install it and have never had a reason to plug into in and have been to lazy to mess with it with everything else going on with my bike.

Should I get in and poke around or leave well enough alone.

Jeff
I have the same situation. Never a problem, zero, nada, zip. If it ain't broke - don't fix it.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:03 PM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Peyts

I took my bike out for a spin today... ran quite well. No problems whatsoever! She had great pickup, lots of power and torque... still some backpopping, but I expect that will happen when you are running 2.5" baffles.

Not sure what the Firmware 2.3.0 ignition update was supposed to do, but the bike was all good today.
You just don't seem to get it. DO NOT load the ignition firmware onto a Harley Power Commander. If you have, then reload the 2.2.2.0 Harley firmware again and reload your map. Harley PCIII/USB has an integrated ignition module, NOT an externalignition module that plugs into the expansion port.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Peyts
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Peyts

You just don't seem to get it. DO NOT load the ignition firmware onto a Harley Power Commander. If you have, then reload the 2.2.2.0 Harley firmware again and reload your map. Harley PCIII/USB has an integrated ignition module, NOT an externalignition module that plugs into the expansion port.
Whoa... hold on a sec. Chill out.

I guess that I am not "getting it". I have asked, in vain, what this upgrade will do to the operation of my bike. No one - including you - has been able to advise of same. I asked if the bike would still run, etc. Again, no response.

Seeing how you seem to "know" the problem, then I ask that you share same. WHY is this upgrade a bad thing? And WHAT will it do to my bike if I keep in on there?

Old 11-24-2007, 09:34 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

Peyts, congrats on selling the Sportster. I'm sure you'll look back on it someday and say "...man, I should have kept that bike." ...I only say this as I've said that at one point or another about every bike I've ever had. But still, cleaning out the garage and making room for the new ride can be a good thing too.

Give the Dynotech guys a call and ask them what about the firmware stuff. The do firmware updtaes for so many things, sometimes having nothing to do with the actual inputs and outputs of the device.

Going for a little ride tomorrow myself. supposed to be a whopping +40'F here in Massachusetts. That's riding weather!

Old 11-24-2007, 09:49 PM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member

Quick Reply: HELP!!! PCIII TROUBLE