Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! PCIII TROUBLE

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 10:55 PM
Peyts
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP!!! PCIII TROUBLE

Could you bring your laptop in tomorrow? I'll send you a text. Thanks for reminding me!

Old 11-22-2007, 09:59 PM
Peyts
Road Captain

WELL, WELL, WELL... I got the PCIII installed and the Stage 1 complete(finally).

I reinstalled the SE high flow air cleaner assembly and the PCIII. I installed the O2 sensor eliminators. I set the 0 throttle setting. I downloaded and installed Firmware update 2.2.2. I downloaded and installed Firmware update 2.3.0. The bikefires up and sounds pretty good... I can't ride it now, though, on account of the snow on the ground.

I'm hoping that the snow melts and I can take her for a quick jolt on Saturday... supposed to be sh*tty again on Sunday, with more snow enroute.

Is there anything else that I need to do?

Old 11-22-2007, 10:42 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, install rear track and front ski.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:59 AM
Peyts
Road Captain

EXACTLY! Hahahahaha!

Old 11-23-2007, 09:25 AM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Peyts

WELL, WELL, WELL... I got the PCIII installed and the Stage 1 complete(finally).

I reinstalled the SE high flow air cleaner assembly and the PCIII. I installed the O2 sensor eliminators. I set the 0 throttle setting. I downloaded and installed Firmware update 2.2.2. I downloaded and installed Firmware update 2.3.0. The bikefires up and sounds pretty good... I can't ride it now, though, on account of the snow on the ground.

I'm hoping that the snow melts and I can take her for a quick jolt on Saturday... supposed to be sh*tty again on Sunday, with more snow enroute.

Is there anything else that I need to do?
I don't think you want to install the 2.3.0.0 ignition firmware on a Harley.

Old 11-23-2007, 11:14 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

there are two firmware updates 2.3.0.0. one says 'fuel firmware for all pciii usb except harley davidson', and the other states 'ignition firmware for all pciii usb. they are different sized files, so i assume they perform different functions. i hope that you don't have to reflash back down. flashing firmware is always a sphincter puckering event, if something goes wrong, you end up with a nice brick.....

Old 11-23-2007, 11:37 AM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: skratch

there are two firmware updates 2.3.0.0. one says 'fuel firmware for all pciii usb except harley davidson', and the other states 'ignition firmware for all pciii usb. they are different sized files, so i assume they perform different functions. i hope that you don't have to reflash back down. flashing firmware is always a sphincter puckering event, if something goes wrong, you end up with a nice brick.....
I think if you install the 2.3.0.0 ignition firmware after the 2.2.2.0 Harley firmware, the mode of operation changes. Been down that road.

Old 11-23-2007, 12:15 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: BadBobOk

ORIGINAL: skratch

I think if you install the 2.3.0.0 ignition firmware after the 2.2.2.0 Harley firmware, the mode of operation changes. Been down that road.
Just be sure you have a fresh 9 volt battery. Also make sure your laptop is fully charged or plugged in. I made mine a brick when I used the ignition switch rather than the 9 volt. Had to send it back to Dynojet to have them "revive" it.

BTW, I'm not sure if you even need to update the firmware. Call Dynojet and ask them if it is necessary. I should have the answer but I don't. Shows how smart I am.
Steve L.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:28 PM
Peyts
Road Captain

I haven't ridden the bike yet (as snow on the ground here), but it did flash up yesterday after the update.

Further, the 2.3.0 update said it was for ALL PCIII USB. Don't know what it does... but it is on there anyway.

I am hoping that the streets will be snow clear by tomorrow, and that I can take her out for a spin. I'll report tomorrow.

Cheers, gang!

Old 11-23-2007, 07:43 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

Peyts, chances are it'll run great, but remember you are prolly talking close to 0'C (freezing) temperatures right now. It will be Spring most likely till you are able to get that bike up to normal running temps. When that happens, you may want to make some tweaks to low rpm/low throttle opening section of the map (upper left corner)where the moco runs it at 14.7 to satisfy the EPA.

I needed to add a bit to some of the cells there to cool the heat down. Now, I'm backing it off some so I'm not running too rich, but I'm not doing much now since it's so damn cold here anyway the bike isn't making it to 180'F on the oil temp guage. When it normally runs steady state about 220~230F during warmer months.

I'll bet you're going to feel like you gianed another 10hp and ft/lbs.

Quick Reply: HELP!!! PCIII TROUBLE