Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering Stock front fender on FLHX?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 323 Likes on 199 Posts
Default RE: Lowering Stock front fender on FLHX?

Welcome to the forum Joe! Great to have a member of another big time shop with us.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:20 AM
Fast Eddie
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: BigWheelBob

Since everyone else is beating around the bush, I will give you'all the lowdown. Call http://www.nativecustombaggers.com/products.phpand order you a set of brackets, remove your fender and carfully remove your old brackets from the fender. Lay a length of 3/8's rubber hose along the length of the tire, and hold it in place with a piece of tape. make sure the inside of the fender is clean, as these brackets will be welded on. Bolt the brackets on the bike loosly, lay the fender into position over the hose, snug the bolts a bit, and carfully position the fender where you want it. clamp into position, remove, weld the brackets on slowly. You dont need alot here. After thats done, smooth the fender, and paint. This is one of the easiest mods you could do to your bagger, for the most cosmetic gain.
On another note, The heritage's, you just trim back the brackets, lay into position, mark a new set of holes thru the fork holes, and redrill, no brackets needed.
Here's my Road King Custom with the Native Custom Baggers bracket on an 18" wheel. Same fender as Street Glide. Besides hugging the tire the fender is cleaner as you eliminate the rivets showing on the outside of the fender. The only thing I would add to BigWheel Bobs comments is that Iplaced a bead of marine sealant where the new bracket joins the fender to prevent any water intrusion and rust between the new bracket and fender. Since my front end is lowered an inch this 1" lowering of the fender restored the factory distance between the brake line splitter and top of fender.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:33 AM
Hardly Dangerous
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy jeez Eddie! Now you took the bags off? I don't think they will allow you to post on this forum without the bags! [sm=laughingsmilie.gif]

Old 11-01-2007, 12:19 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.nativecustombaggers.com/products.php
P/N 50913-02A

Old 11-01-2007, 01:33 PM
rome304
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that the stock s/g fender or the fatboy fender?

Old 11-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member

That's a stock SG fender with adapters (pictured above) for mounting a Fatboy fender to a touring bike.

Old 11-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Phast Lap
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Naitive Custom Baggers fender bracket for sale if ur interested?

Old 11-01-2007, 05:48 PM
Big_Joe
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Biggzed

Welcome to the forum Joe! Great to have a member of another big time shop with us.

Well thank you Biggzed, nice to be here.I don't knowthat were big time just yet. We are working hard andare still a pretty small shop hiding out in the Midwest here. We consider ourselves fortunate to be successful at what we do and to have people recognize us forthat. Were all just a bunch of gear heads trying to make a difference.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:00 PM
Fast Eddie
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hardly Dangerous

Holy jeez Eddie! Now you took the bags off? I don't think they will allow you to post on this forum without the bags! [sm=laughingsmilie.gif]
Hardly:

I just took the bagsoff for a set of photos that shows all the money I spent on on the rear solid disc wheel, rotor, and pulley that no one ever sees. NowI can look at these photos every once in a whileand re assure myself that they were aworthwhile purchase.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Big_Joe

ORIGINAL: Biggzed

Well thank you Biggzed, nice to be here.I don't knowthat were big time just yet. We are working hard andare still a pretty small shop hiding out in the Midwest here. We consider ourselves fortunate to be successful at what we do and to have people recognize us forthat. Were all just a bunch of gear heads trying to make a difference.
Well in my mind.... in the bagger world..... you guys are IT. Again appreciate you joining and I'm looking forward to you sharing your experience with us.

Quick Reply: Lowering Stock front fender on FLHX?