Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CHROME FAIRING BRACKET TO ELIMINATE ENGINE/CRASH GUARD

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007 | 07:00 PM
profinish
|
Banned
Default CHROME FAIRING BRACKET TO ELIMINATE ENGINE/CRASH GUARD

I had the contact information for the company that sold this chrome bracket that lets you eliminate the engine/crash guard on '07 Road Glides and lets you attach the fairing and turn signals to it... but I can't seem to find it.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about and could lead me in the right direction? I want to eliminate the engine guard for a sleeker look.

Thanks!

Old 10-31-2007 | 07:04 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Default RE: CHROME FAIRING BRACKET TO ELIMINATE ENGINE/CRASH GUARD

I'm sorry Mike, I'm afraid I've not heard of them. I have a road glide too so post them up when you find them again.

Thanks,
Terry

Old 10-31-2007 | 07:22 PM
profinish
|
Banned

I found it. It's made by KlockWerks... it's called a fairing support bar... here's the link

https://www.klockwerkscycles.com/par...%20WFB%20PARTS***

Old 10-31-2007 | 11:41 PM
Kasper
Tourer

ORIGINAL: profinish

I found it. It's made by KlockWerks... it's called a fairing support bar... here's the link

https://www.klockwerkscycles.com/par...%20WFB%20PARTS***
Hey Profinish,

Just so you know, it's not made by Klock Werks...they just sell it. It's actually made by Hotop Designs. You can also order it from Drag Specialties and from J & P Cycles. I got mine from Drag Specialties. They are available now. Also just a bit of warning.....they do not come with any hardware other than a stainless bolt where it mounts to the frame. this item does not just bolt in and I had to tweak the bracket where it attaches to the frame plus remove the outer part of my fairing, loosen the inner part and align it all then tighten it back down and reinstall the outer. I had to get new mounting hardware to reinstall the turn signals. It was all worth it in my opinion to get the look....but if you don't do your own wrenching or know someone who does this item will just **** you off. If you click on the camera under my name it will take you to my album and a picture of my bike with this new bracket installed.

Old 11-01-2007 | 12:00 AM
profinish
|
Banned

Thanks for the heads up Kasper...
I'm doing a complete ground up build on my '07 RG... I'll take that into consideration when I get to that point. Shoot, it can't be that hard to get it to fit right... are they the only one making that part?

As well, do they make the extension bracket for the turn signals?... I may just use the Ilumabezel and screw the fairing mounted ones. BTW... the bike liiks awesome without the engine guard.

Hey, how did you get that pic of your bike that big on your sig line... I can't seem to get one that big.

Old 11-01-2007 | 08:31 PM
Kasper
Tourer

Hey profinish,
It's not hard to get it to fit right as long as you can turn a wrench and it sounds like you would have no problem. For the money it should just bolt right on in my opinion and they could at least supply you with the correct lenght bolts for remounting the turn signals as they know this will be affected. It's just a time consuming pain in the rear that shouldn't have to be is more my point. And yes they are the only ones making it. I have hunted for years for one as my friend has the earlier version that fits up till 2003. He got cutt off the road on his bike and layed it down, the local dealer upon trying to make the repairs broke the bolt off in the bar where it mounts to the frame. I ended up withthe bracketand was going to modify it or use it as a template to make onewhen the new version for 2004 up came out. Trust me when I say they are not even close to being the same.
You don't need an extension bracket.......you will just have to remove the studs and cut them back or replace them with bolts......it's just personal choice really. You will see when you get yours.

As for my sig picture.....I had to reduce the size of the original using photoshop and I sized it to the exact limit allowed. I saved it at Photobucket and then uploaded from there.

edit: I have to correct myself here, I just found out my sig picture is actually oversize so I have to adjust it down a bit. Sorry.