Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does anyone work at the dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 08:38 AM
Windup08
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: does anyone work at the dealer?

I couldn't be happier with my dealership. Finance, sales, techs mostly all ride. My shop is also a Honda shop, so some of the sales staff ride them, but the accessory guys and mechanics are all Harley riders. The gals in the clothing section are always friendly and easy on the eyes, some ride, others don't. They are a business, so its there job to try get you to spend, but I"ve had them give advise when I come in with a wish list, they will dig out the catalogs and show me other options, some that might be less expensive.

The dealership changed hands here a few years ago. The previous owners were not so easy to deal with and you almost had to beg them to sell you a bike....it was like if you didn't look like a Harley rider you didn't deserve to own one. The new owners have really turned things around.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:16 AM
07FLHRCMarinePatriot
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

As far as the sales staff goes - it's hard to get good service from guys rotating in and out due to a low hourly wage. If Harley cared they'd pay 'em better, and then they'd maybe act like they wanted our business.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:23 AM
texan321
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of the guys here own and ride Harley's......

Old 11-01-2007, 11:26 AM
gene01
Road Captain

hmmmmm, the dealership that i buy my bikes from employs 110 people in their main store of 5 stores, all sales people ride their bikes to work everyday, almost everyone in service rides every day......... the motorclothes peolpe probably 1/2 ride not usually to work though... all management ride and the parts guys probably less than half have bikes, I bet that 65-70 ride often...... most are very knowledgable....

Old 11-01-2007, 11:55 AM
Flying Horse
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I can tell ya that most of those at my local dealership ride but I also say that nearly every time I've had my bike serviced it has come back with some kind of damage. Now that its out of warranty I'll be going to anindependent shop. I'm sure most dealers are more careful than mine although they've made good on claims when I found them before leaving.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:08 PM
extech
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say 80% of our employees ride....and ride H-D's!!!!
sounds like this dude is just shopping at the wrong place.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Low_SG_rider
Advanced

As many other have said, about 90% of the staff at my dealership ride.The only department with very few riders is the motorclothes girls, but at least one of them has a Dyna and rides. Some, including myself own 2 Harleys and ride about 95% of time no matter what the weather is.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Mikeeeeeeeeee
"Moderator & Connoisseur of Ice Cream"
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: MACK

I have been riding Harleys now for almost 40 years with the last 4 Ultras and I work in sales at HD of Montgomery,al.Most of our guys ride and even 2 of the 4 person motorclothes staff. Our owner is a staunch long didtance rider averaging about 25,000 miles a year including a solo Alaska trip this year.I get to do about 12-13,000 ayear. I believe our dealership is more like that described by Bigdaddy. We have a championship racer as one of our techs. Out of a 24 person dealership all but about 4 ride. Bring us your problems and we will take care of them in a professional manner.

I echo what Mack says.
I know him personally and know many of the staffers at Montgomery HD.
MHD just won an award from corporate for outstanding service.
I have purchased two bikes from them, and would not hesitate to buy another (if i had the money)

Kudos to Mack and all the rest at MHD.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Mathews2
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mikeeeeeeeeee

ORIGINAL: MACK

I have been riding Harleys now for almost 40 years with the last 4 Ultras and I work in sales at HD of Montgomery,al.Most of our guys ride and even 2 of the 4 person motorclothes staff. Our owner is a staunch long didtance rider averaging about 25,000 miles a year including a solo Alaska trip this year.I get to do about 12-13,000 ayear. I believe our dealership is more like that described by Bigdaddy. We have a championship racer as one of our techs. Out of a 24 person dealership all but about 4 ride. Bring us your problems and we will take care of them in a professional manner.

I echo what Mack says.
I know him personally and know many of the staffers at Montgomery HD.
MHD just won an award from corporate for outstanding service.
I have purchased two bikes from them, and would not hesitate to buy another (if i had the money)

Kudos to Mack and all the rest at MHD.
I have always heard good things about Montgomery HD. I am in shelby county, 70 miles north of yall. will have to come pay yall a visit one day.