Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 Road King Custom

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007 | 01:16 PM
Night Crawler
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: 05 Road King Custom

I have an 07 FLHRS with over 6,000 miles – no problems and no complaints.

Old 10-31-2007 | 01:24 PM
Bigbird07
Cruiser

O7 custom roadking 7643 miles now

Old 10-31-2007 | 01:46 PM
skitzo
|
Cruiser

The bike has 16" chubby apes do you guys have experience with that.

Old 10-31-2007 | 02:33 PM
Hogwallop
Tourer

07 Custom with 2600 miles.........very happy withmy Custom. Not sure about the 05 model, but I've not heard any complaints from the 05 owners.

Old 10-31-2007 | 03:40 PM
Flying Horse
Road Warrior

No problems with my 04 RKC. Its kinda like the Screamin Eagle RK but without thebigger motor and glitz.
Definately change the seat, I went with a Saddlemans Explorer 2-up gel seat. If you want more power get the heads ported/polished, a Power Commanderand add cams.

Old 10-31-2007 | 05:14 PM
Sam
Elite HDF Member

I bought this one last year and haven't had a problem yet (as long as you don't count the accident in July), one of the nicest Harley's I've had.

Old 10-31-2007 | 05:26 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

I am thrilled with my 05 Custom. Stage 1 kit, TMax AT and plenty of pull.Just about ready for the 10k service. I bought it a year ago with few miles on it. It is the most versatile (Road Kings) bike in the lineup. I can go from highway cruiser to stripped down solo in about 10 minutes.

Old 11-01-2007 | 02:13 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: SoCal_Pappy

ORIGINAL: skitzo

Getting one with 7k on it and many custom options, is that a good bike form your experience.
Might try to get ahold of "PAPATRAVIS" here on the forum he's Very Active here and rides a 2005 RKS...
Are you saying I have no life? LOL

Old 11-01-2007 | 02:26 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: skitzo

Getting one with 7k on it and many custom options, is that a good bike form your experience.
As a matter of fact, I do know a little about it. I have had my '05 rk custom going on two years now (wow, where has the time gone?). I absolutely love my bike. Without a doubt, I could not be happier. Of course, there is still a lot I want to do to it, but that all comes with time. I will be adding 95" cylinders and pistons this winter, YIPPIE. Although the stock power, with a stage 1, is fine, I am fat, and need more power. [8D]As far as apes go, yep, I have some experience there, as well. I have 18" apes, and they make the bike a pleasure to ride. After having them, I could never go back to shorter bars again. My hands sit right at my shoulder, which, for me, is absolutely comfortable. If your 16" put your hands above your shoulders, you might have an issue with comfort, but I doubt it. They may take you a little time to get use to them, but I find it easier to ride, steer, and turn with my apes. As far as fairings go, I love the look, and would love the tunes. However, having the apes that I do, I have not been able to find any that will fit with them (and I have looked). I would need to go with different bars to make the fairing fit, and be in a comfortable position. I have seen someone with a detachable fairing with 16" apes, so it might work for your bars, but I am not sure about that. The '05 had an issue with the valve seals, which would cause the bike to burn more oil than normal. And, although, I do burn a little oil, I have decided not to worry about it, for now. Maybe when I do the jugs this winter???

Any other questions you might have about your new bike, BTW CONGRATULATIONS, drop me a line, I MIGHT be able to help. And, as Socal Pappy said, I am on this forum just about ever night... GEEZ, I do need to get a life. LOL

Old 11-01-2007 | 04:54 AM
nyrydr
Intermediate

I'm glad I stumbled onto this thread this morning.
I'm taking my '06 FXDI up to Connecticut to get a trade in value today. I'm sure I'll take a hit on the mods....i.e. Progressives rear shocks, bars, forwards, seats, pipes, re-map Boogie Lights..........too much more!
I have a deposit on an '05 FLHRS with only 1900 miles on her. My buddy has the '04 and tweaked it nicely. I also inherited a 1550 kit, Fat Boy fender with adapter and other parts so.....wish me luck.
I was thinking Wild One 16" Chubby's fot the bars. Any input as to their fit and finish would be apreciated.

Quick Reply: 05 Road King Custom