Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who broke the code?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007 | 01:35 AM
07RoadGlide
|
Banned
Default RE: Who broke the code?

ORIGINAL: monkish

ORIGINAL: 07RoadGlide

Ok, I just want to know which one of you Road Glide aficionados didn't abide by the code? There are WAAAAYYYYYYYYY to many people looking at Road Glides now. You know what happens next right? Someone else is going to have a Road Glide in the parking lot and we won't be individuals anymore. LOL Hell, they'll probably even want to park beside us.

For all you with interest in the Road Glides, welcome to the Dark Side. [sm=vader1.gif]
Well I will be there. Not just yet but maybe 09. My son is home for a couple weeks before he heads out to Bahrain. (I am sure that is spelled wrong but....) He keeps telling me that Mom's RKC is way cooler than my SG. I told him my plan WAS to keep it and get a RG so I could pass my SG down to him when he gets out of the Navy. But since mine is just an old man's bike he will have to talk to his Mama![sm=exactly.gif]
He just laughed of course. Untill then how about keeping the club count down.... [&:]
Yeah, I wentto Bahrain when I was here in 93. It's one of the few places in the Sandbox where us military folks are allowed to drink. Hey, he shouldn't knock the "Old Man Bikes". My friends raz me all of the time, but I'm always twice as happy and comfortable as they are when we reach our destinations.

Old 11-05-2007 | 03:30 AM
glook1
Cruiser

I went to the Fall Rally in Myrtle Beach and got caught in the rain. Stopped in a neighborhood bar to keep dry and bought one sitting out in front of the bar. Rode it the whole next day and wondered how I had done with out it.... Glook1

Old 11-05-2007 | 07:32 PM
Bingo
Cruiser

Greetings All!

I just picked up my 08 RG September 15th. Traded my 02 FLHT in on this one. I actually wanted a RG when I traded the Low Rider in 02, but the Wife liked the Standard better, and the price was a HUGE difference between the two bikes back then. No complaints about the Standard, but the Road Glide is SOOOoooo much nicer. Don't know if it's the lower seat, or just becase it's a new bike, but it rides smoother, handles better and looks great! Not that looks are all that important, but you know.....

So far I'm just getting a few personal mods done. Vance and Hines true duals are hooked up to Standard mufflers now, as I found the stock left and right 08 mufflers are different. I put the grab bars on (keeps the fingerprints off the bag lids). She wanted pegs instead of the boards so I made a set to get a lower foot position for her. A taller windshield is on the way and I have the SERT to play with now. The weather is crapping out, but it is November and the riding will be limited until spring.

Tom

Old 11-06-2007 | 02:02 AM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Merlinii

I have no idea what your talking about???

This guy obviously hasn't had enough COFFEE for the day. Man I hate guys with coffee cups. It makes me a cup over envious.

Old 11-06-2007 | 02:43 AM
07RoadGlide
|
Banned

Hey Bingo, welcome to the forum, and nice bike. That was actually my secoond color choicenext tothe Pewter Pearl. Now you jst need to contact Hell's Foundry and get the stripe for the side panel.

Old 11-06-2007 | 04:11 AM
IceHeritage
Road Master

Welcome to the Darkside Bingo

Old 11-06-2007 | 08:51 AM
Road Hawg
Tourer

Hey Bingo, welcome to the forum, and nice bike. That was actually my secoond color choicenext tothe Pewter Pearl. Now you jst need to contact Hell's Foundry and get the stripe for the side panel.
I like the added stripe I think I'll get one for my 07. I love the Dark Side, always have!!!!!!

Old 11-07-2007 | 01:47 AM
07RoadGlide
|
Banned

ORIGINAL: Road Hawg

I like the added stripe I think I'll get one for my 07. I love the Dark Side, always have!!!!!!
Yeah, the bikes are great looking rides without it, but the stripe seems to complete the paint scheme.

Old 11-07-2007 | 09:36 AM
speedglide
Tourer

Who broke the code? My bad...
I picked up my road glide over Labor Day. It's my first Harley. I had the chance to ride both a road glide and a street glide back to back this summer. I'm pretty happy with my decision! I broke the code and let my buddy ride it. He now has an '08 black pearl road glide himself.

Old 11-07-2007 | 10:46 AM
BergeRON
Intermediate

I bought a Nightster first.....a month later She wanted one so I gave her the Nightster, I talked myself in to a Road King Custom.....and a month later i was kicking myself for not getting a Road Glide. Mine is daily driver and boy that fairing would have been a real practical choice. but at the time I was only worried about ditching the backpack. But I already know what the next bike is going to be.

[IMG]local://upfiles/46348/27B5E84DCE6A4589BAE0EE80A2AC0C7A.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Who broke the code?