Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I crazy to buy an '07 Ultra?? DEAL DONE!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007 | 05:48 AM
Mathews2
Road Warrior
Default RE: Am I crazy to buy an '07 Ultra??

That is one fine looking motor scooter

Old 11-01-2007 | 05:51 AM
corgi
Road Master

great looking bike and good decision. 6000 miles so far on my 07 and no real issues at all.

Old 11-01-2007 | 06:13 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member

Sweet!!! nice looking bike, very nice...I think you'll be very happy with the 07...I love mine.

Stage 1, pipes and AC and she'll run with the new wings, no problem....

Enjoy and ride safe....

Old 11-01-2007 | 08:29 AM
robandlyn
Road Master

ORIGINAL: bikenuts

I may have to get asbestos underwear. But what the hell! This is a fun ride!! Thanks again for all of the great feedback

Before you buy the underwear and while your saving up for the Stage 1 stuff .....

http://www.rjsoriginals.com/

I got them and they work GREAT !
I swear they make my 07 Ultra run 10 degrees cooler.
RJS will not say they do BUT ....
The Wife and I ride our bikes together and they are BOTH setup the same !
Yes her 07 SG even has a set of lowers (like my Ultra) and EVERYTIME
I remember to check the digital oil temp dipsticks her's is ALWAYS
10 degrees hotter.
Rob ....

Old 11-01-2007 | 10:48 PM
bikenuts
|
Cruiser

Thanks all for the warm welcome and kind words. Rode this morning for about 100 miles and really enjoyed the ride, especially when I stopped at a light and got a "thumbs up" from a guy crossing the street! Tomorrow I'm getting the IDS and heat deflectors installed. I have a hunch I will be spending a lot of time (read:$$$$) in the near future at the HD dealer's service department. Ain't life grand!

Old 11-02-2007 | 01:49 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member

I did the Stage 1 right out of the gate. Bike runs strong and cool. I can say that for sure since I just installed an oil temp guage. The heat shields will protect you but what will protect your motor. I believe that the motors run too hot from the factory.

Take a look at my sig and gallery for pics of the parts I bought. You might really like the ovals on your bike. I think they would go really well with all the other chrome.

Hope you enjoy your bike as much as I enjoy mine. Welcome to the 07 club.
Steve L.

Old 11-02-2007 | 01:56 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Bldr1000

That is the exact same 07 Ultra that I have. Same color and everything. It is my third Ultra and I would not give it up for anything. You will not get that hot. Then engine is designed and tested and it only get real hot when you are caught in bumper to bumper traffic and sit for a while. I simply cut mine off and wait till traffic starts to move and pull in the clutch and hit the starter button. it will start in low gear with the clutch pulled in and you can cut it off when traffic stalls again. For the most part I am hardly ever in that situation. If you have an extended warranty, don't worry about all that crap these people are talking about. Ride and Have Fun.....Bldr
It's not crap really. It's a fact of life that HD has been forced to lean our bikes out to the max to pass EPA. Go ahead and ride your "lean burner." When you pipes crack from the heat, you'll be jumping on the Stage 1 bandwagon too.

BTW, the download will shut off the rear cyl. when the engine gets too hot. Not the kind of thing I want.
JMO of course.
Steve L.

Old 11-02-2007 | 03:28 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: TexasRedneck

IDS - Idiot Doesn't understand Simple instructions....

Folks that ah've heard with "noise issues" by an' large found they go away when they maintain proper RPM's. These bikes do NOT like rpm's under 2k.
They love it below 2k now with IDS, even down to 1800, just like my old Evo did. Some go lower, but that's about as far as I'll take mine. Very smooth down there.

Old 11-02-2007 | 03:35 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: bikenuts

Uhhh....I'm new at this, so, what is I.D.S?? What does it do? And what is the cost?
If you can remove and reinstall a rear wheel you can install IDS. Order from Zanotti's with the $12 bearing-press option and install it yourself. I feel it is a necessity for '07's.

Old 11-02-2007 | 06:11 PM
bikenuts
|
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: sifularson

ORIGINAL: Bldr1000

That is the exact same 07 Ultra that I have. Same color and everything. It is my third Ultra and I would not give it up for anything. You will not get that hot. Then engine is designed and tested and it only get real hot when you are caught in bumper to bumper traffic and sit for a while. I simply cut mine off and wait till traffic starts to move and pull in the clutch and hit the starter button. it will start in low gear with the clutch pulled in and you can cut it off when traffic stalls again. For the most part I am hardly ever in that situation. If you have an extended warranty, don't worry about all that crap these people are talking about. Ride and Have Fun.....Bldr
It's not crap really. It's a fact of life that HD has been forced to lean our bikes out to the max to pass EPA. Go ahead and ride your "lean burner." When you pipes crack from the heat, you'll be jumping on the Stage 1 bandwagon too.

BTW, the download will shut off the rear cyl. when the engine gets too hot. Not the kind of thing I want.
JMO of course.
Steve L.

My understanding that the download only effects the cylinder when the bike was stopped, not while moving. Is this not the case?

Quick Reply: Am I crazy to buy an '07 Ultra?? DEAL DONE!!