Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I crazy to buy an '07 Ultra?? DEAL DONE!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007 | 07:10 PM
onephsyco1
Road Captain
Default RE: Am I crazy to buy an '07 Ultra?? DEAL DONE!!

Congrads .
Nice bike !

Jack

Old 10-31-2007 | 07:53 PM
MdTIGwelder
Advanced

beeeutiful ride......just gotta love RED........ride safe...ENJOY!

Old 10-31-2007 | 08:09 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member

Great looking bike and being that it is under warranty for four more years, just ride it, have fun and don't worry.

You can resolve the heat issue, well maybe not resolve but lower the engine temps by adding a free flowing air cleaner, some freer flowing pipes, and a retune of the ignition. Makes a big ddifference.

Old 10-31-2007 | 08:17 PM
schuffyman
Advanced

I had an 05 Ultra it was hot too...until I removed the factory pipes and went with duals and a pro race tuner. It still got hot but not as hot. I then traded it for a 08 Ultra and it was really HOT. Then I put Duals on it and of course the pro race tuner. It is NICE now. The 03 is a beautiful bike but you will appreciate the 6 speed, I know I DO! The 96 is wonderful. IF you can get the IDS get it. It will make the ride smoother and quieter.

Old 10-31-2007 | 08:18 PM
OregonRoadKing
Tourer

Beautiful bike. You'll be glad you got the '07. After my 1K service I changed out the A/C, added the SERT, changed to 2-into-1 V&H pipes, and have syn3 oil. I now feel practically no heat coming up by the seat now. The stage 1 makes it a little cooler (I think). The new exhaust system moves the pipesaway from the rider and passenger and makes a huge difference.

Enjoy your new ride.

Old 10-31-2007 | 08:25 PM
Bldr1000
Cruiser
Default RE: Am I crazy to buy an '07 Ultra??

That is the exact same 07 Ultra that I have. Same color and everything. It is my third Ultra and I would not give it up for anything. You will not get that hot. Then engine is designed and tested and it only get real hot when you are caught in bumper to bumper traffic and sit for a while. I simply cut mine off and wait till traffic starts to move and pull in the clutch and hit the starter button. it will start in low gear with the clutch pulled in and you can cut it off when traffic stalls again. For the most part I am hardly ever in that situation. If you have an extended warranty, don't worry about all that crap these people are talking about. Ride and Have Fun.....Bldr

Old 10-31-2007 | 09:07 PM
sanaga
Road Captain

congrats...thats a nice ride....
ride safe....

Old 10-31-2007 | 09:12 PM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member

Do a little engine work and it will run away from your old bikes! Big torque is a tasty treat!

ORIGINAL: bikenuts

Done deal! Here's my new ride.....thanks for everyone's input. Lacks the punch of a GL1800 or a K1200LT in higher gears, but is is THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BIKE I have ever owned. I had the oil cooler installed before I left, and they downloaded some program recommended by Harley to reduce heating at idle when stopped. What it may lack in refinement, it more than makes up in "character" and "style" And yes, it did get hot when I encountered an accident on the freeway and was stop and go for 10 minutes. The heat seemed to come up through the seat. I may have to get asbestos underwear. But what the hell! This is a fun ride!! Thanks again for all of the great feedback

Old 11-01-2007 | 01:38 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: bikenuts

Done deal! Here's my new ride.....thanks for everyone's input. Lacks the punch of a GL1800 or a K1200LT in higher gears, but is is THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BIKE I have ever owned. I had the oil cooler installed before I left, and they downloaded some program recommended by Harley to reduce heating at idle when stopped. What it may lack in refinement, it more than makes up in "character" and "style" And yes, it did get hot when I encountered an accident on the freeway and was stop and go for 10 minutes. The heat seemed to come up through the seat. I may have to get asbestos underwear. But what the hell! This is a fun ride!! Thanks again for all of the great feedback

Very nice bike. You should be proud. I own a '05 rk custom, and don't have nearly the trouble with the heat that the 96" puts out. However, one thing that you might do is add a saddle heat deflecter from rjoriginals. He is a forum member, and they look absolutely awesome. They are made to match the seat, not like the plastic piece sold by HD and Kuryakyn. It costs more, but looks a heck of a lot better, IMO. Do a search for " RJOriginals", and you will see what I mean. Also, of course, you might want to add pipes, a/c, and a fuel management system, as well. But, for the winter, you might just enjoy the extra heat. LOL Good luck, and enjoy the new bike.

Old 11-01-2007 | 02:04 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member

Great looking ride!! Enjoy it!!!

Quick Reply: Am I crazy to buy an '07 Ultra?? DEAL DONE!!