Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HQ 113"

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 09:06 PM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: HQ 113"

Phil,

I'm in(except for "crap in the britches") I didn't need that 68 vette anyway.

I sincerely appreciate the info from everyone.

Lyn

ORIGINAL: PhilM

ORIGINAL: lkr0

thanks Phil --- I know nothing about motors but I know you guys do --- everyone in my club is getting 103 (guys with 07s)I want to have little more juice than them --- do think I should just go withthe 107 --- some are sayingthat I'm in for trouble with a big build?
That's nonsense! The only potential for a weak link is the 07 crank, which I referenced earlier.

It would be very easy to do a 103" HQ build that would spank your buddies 103's. The problem with that is that you've still significantly increased power but never even considered the crank, because there was no need to get in there.

Do the 113, have the crank welded, and your buddies will be crying when blow past them - even in a higher gear! You are gonna crap you britches when you see how smooth and dramatic the power of that thing is.

My prediction is that your buddies will be needing upgrades soon after you get yours going!

Old 10-29-2007, 09:44 PM
redhwk44
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Green with ENVY. Maybe someday.

Jeff

Old 10-30-2007, 03:28 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Manish_Hawg

I will be going with the 95", as well. Thanks to Phil selling me his old 95" jugs and pistons. I will say, though, I am a bit nervous about doing it myself. But Phil has told me I should be fine, and even offered to help me via the phone. Thanks, BTW, Phil.
So you are the scum bag that bought his parts? J/K I would have jumped on it too, but the parts were sold when I was just seeing the post. I'm waiting to see what shooter64 prices will be and then I'm a pull the trigger some time next month.
Weird, I just tried to post and the pc went dead. Anyways, I was lucky on the timing. Usually I miss everything because I get on so late at night. I am excited about it. Now, I just have to tell the OL I spent some of the Christmas money. I cleaned the house up really nice, while she has been out of town. Hopefully that will take some of the bite out of her.LOL

Old 10-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Weird, I just tried to post and the pc went dead. Anyways, I was lucky on the timing. Usually I miss everything because I get on so late at night. I am excited about it. Now, I just have to tell the OL I spent some of the Christmas money. I cleaned the house up really nice, while she has been out of town. Hopefully that will take some of the bite out of her.LOL
I am at work, but not working....I keep running the numbers for this 113" I don't even want to add them together, [] but I know I would be happy with the 113", but I wonder will I be as happy with the 95"? I'm not that disappointed with stock but I need more power for my 2 up riding and to shut my buddy up. I forgot to add the price of a dyno tune. Will my PCIII work or do I need something better?

Old 10-30-2007, 02:53 PM
Cabo Bob
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Manish Why not get map from HQ with there build and buy there protuner? You only need sert and it would eliminate dyno.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:44 PM
mps1168
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Manish- Take it from me, Wait unti you can buy the 113 and do it with room to spare. Im in the same boat, I was going to do a HQ 103, looked at the numbers until I was giddy. BUT like you funds are a little snug. SoI decided to do nothing more than add SERT and maybe a cam to mine...for now, local dealer that is known for building awesome packages has a sweet deal on a little upgrade for a winter deal so thats what Im doing....And I am going to be slowly putting away fundage for a 113.
1. By the time I am really ready to pull the trigger many of these 113's will be out there and if theres some"tuning and tweaking" all those things are worked out already. 2. The bike is still under warranty and I just can't seem to get myself to outright void it, least not yet.

Thats my 2 cents...mps

Old 10-31-2007, 12:57 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member

Manish Why not get map from HQ with there build and buy there protuner? You only need sert and it would eliminate dyno.
If I change components later down the line will I still be good with the protuner?

Manish- Take it from me, Wait unti you can buy the 113 and do it with room to spare. Im in the same boat, I was going to do a HQ 103, looked at the numbers until I was giddy. BUT like you funds are a little snug. SoI decided to do nothing more than add SERT and maybe a cam to mine...for now, local dealer that is known for building awesome packages has a sweet deal on a little upgrade for a winter deal so thats what Im doing....And I am going to be slowly putting away fundage for a 113.
1. By the time I am really ready to pull the trigger many of these 113's will be out there and if theres some"tuning and tweaking" all those things are worked out already. 2. The bike is still under warranty and I just can't seem to get myself to outright void it, least not yet.

Thats my 2 cents...mps
But I have been waiting for about 10 months to do a 95" and now this 113" thread comes along. We barely have winter in Houston and I can't be down during riding season. That happened with my bars and it hurt me bad. I don't want to wait for Dec. 08. I'm about to whip out this plastic money...

Old 10-31-2007, 01:25 PM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Manish_Hawg a HQ 95" up grade would be night & Day compaired to a 88" . That being said if your anything like most of use here your allways going to want more. My 10.5:1 95" with HQ-0039g cams and Basiley Heads is a blast to ride. But I wish I had more, alot more. If I could do everthing all over again for what I've spent on all the changes in Cams, Heads Carbs, Ignition I'd go with the Bigest full HQ build that Doug has to offer. Something to think about.....

Old 10-31-2007, 02:12 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member

Manish_Hawg a HQ 95" up grade would be night & Day compaired to a 88" . That being said if your anything like most of use here your allways going to want more. My 10.5:1 95" with HQ-0039g cams and Basiley Heads is a blast to ride. But I wish I had more, alot more. If I could do everthing all over again for what I've spent on all the changes in Cams, Heads Carbs, Ignition I'd go with the Bigest full HQ build that Doug has to offer. Something to think about.....
That's what I'm afraid off, if I get the 95"

Old 10-31-2007, 02:36 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do the 113 & be done w/it!

The ProTuner will re-tune itself in if you change stuff. It's similar to the DTT & TMax, in that it adjusts AFR dynamically.

My weather is no differnet! Heck, some of the best riding weather is RIGHT NOW! but... well, you've seen the pics. "To me", that's a small trade-off.....

Let the plastic flow!

Quick Reply: HQ 113"