Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HQ 113"

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 04:33 AM
SpikeCT
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HQ 113"

just don't forget to buy the oil pump o-rings for the back of the cam plate and a gasket kit. So the question is what kit?

Old 10-29-2007, 06:19 AM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I will be going with the 95", as well. Thanks to Phil selling me his old 95" jugs and pistons. I will say, though, I am a bit nervous about doing it myself. But Phil has told me I should be fine, and even offered to help me via the phone. Thanks, BTW, Phil.
So you are the scum bag that bought his parts? J/K I would have jumped on it too, but the parts were sold when I was just seeing the post. I'm waiting to see what shooter64 prices will be and then I'm a pull the trigger some time next month.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:48 PM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Ok motorheads I went on the site and came up with following below---I meet the motor builder this Friday--is there anything else I need (besides a heavy duty clutch) for this build?

Your Shopping Cart

initCart();

Item
Options
Quantity
Remove
Amount

113 Sport Touring Package
Item # HQB-113-ST
Year Model: 2007
ENGINE COLOR: Black

$2,049.74 USD

Twin Cam Easy Install Pushrods
Item # HQ-4055

$139.09 USD

Firebrand - Chain Drive Camshaft
Item # HQ-TC-575-HC

$271.74 USD

HQ Twin Cam Lifters - Set of 4
Item # HQ-4200-04

$94.52 USD

Subtotal:
$2,555.09 USD[/align]
AOL users: To continue shopping, please close this window.[/align]

[/align]

var noWinAlert = "Please open a new browser window to continue shopping.";
var closeWinAlert = "The window you were originally browsing in has closed. Please, open a new window to continue shopping.";
setContinueShopping(');

Old 10-29-2007, 02:07 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lyn ~

That looks like it from the HQ site, unless you get the topend gasket set from them too. I have used both the ones form HD and the James kits that Doug & Kevin sell.

You will need to have your cases bored for the 4.060 (actually 4.065, when ya get them from Doug ). It might be worth considering having your crank welded while the cases are being bored to be on the safe side. It is not mandatory, but that motor is gonna make some SERIOUS power and there have been issues reported on the stock 07 cranks. Just a thought....

I see you're in Atlanta.... Kevin is just up the road from ya.

Old 10-29-2007, 02:25 PM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

thanks Phil --- I know nothing about motors but I know you guys do --- everyone in my club is getting 103 (guys with 07s)I want to have little more juice than them --- do think I should just go withthe 107 --- some are sayingthat I'm in for trouble with a big build?

what is the difference in the 107 build vs 113 build (like I said I know nothing about motors)

ORIGINAL: PhilM

Lyn ~

That looks like it from the HQ site, unless you get the topend gasket set from them too. I have used both the ones form HD and the James kits that Doug & Kevin sell.

You will need to have your cases bored for the 4.060 (actually 4.065, when ya get them from Doug ). It might be worth considering having your crank welded while the cases are being bored to be on the safe side. It is not mandatory, but that motor is gonna make some SERIOUS power and there have been issues reported on the stock 07 cranks. Just a thought....

I see you're in Atlanta.... Kevin is just up the road from ya.

Old 10-29-2007, 02:32 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: lkr0

thanks Phil --- I know nothing about motors but I know you guys do --- everyone in my club is getting 103 (guys with 07s)I want to have little more juice than them --- do think I should just go withthe 107 --- some are sayingthat I'm in for trouble with a big build?
That's nonsense! The only potential for a weak link is the 07 crank, which I referenced earlier.

It would be very easy to do a 103" HQ build that would spank your buddies 103's. The problem with that is that you've still significantly increased power but never even considered the crank, because there was no need to get in there.

Do the 113, have the crank welded, and your buddies will be crying when blow past them - even in a higher gear! You are gonna crap you britches when you see how smooth and dramatic the power of that thing is.

My prediction is that your buddies will be needing upgrades soon after you get yours going!

Old 10-29-2007, 02:43 PM
swipter
Tourer

After seeing what some freer flowing slip-ons, a K&N air box and PCIII do, I wish I had the unlimited funds to the big build. It's a blast now. I can't imagine having the super monster bagger.

Old 10-29-2007, 02:44 PM
drdave
Cruiser

i have had a 95" and a 103", but currently have one of doug's 113" and i could not be happier. very nice, very strong compared to any other motor i have had. highly recommend doug at head-quarters for whatever build you do. you will not be sorry.

when i started a build on my current bike, i started it out as a simple big bore 95" but i realized i would eventually go larger. i like performance and even with a very nice 95" upgrade, it would irk me that someone could go down and buy a cvo 110 tomorrow. they might not perform extremely well stock from factory and they may not be as good as a nice 95" , but my 95" would simply sound small in comparison, and i would eventually have to get bigger. that being the case, it is far easier and cheaper to do it to start with than go through the motor twice. the primary difference in cost between a 113" and a high output 95" will be the cost of labor to go into the lower end, the cost of boring the lower cases, and the cost of a stroker flywheel. other costs will be fairly equivalent across the board - same costs for nice head porting job,fairly equivalent costsfor set of pistons / cylinders irregardless of size (slight differences but not much), same costs for nice cams and gear drives, etc, still have labor for top end, ....
that added cost for me was about 200-300 for lower case boring (can be done cheaper), flywheel through chicagoharley or zanottis about 800, and labor for bottom end an additional 200-400. for 1500 more, i had 18 more cubic inches, which i thought was an excellent trade. i have no regrets over the choice i made, would do it again in a heartbeat.

Old 10-29-2007, 05:18 PM
fishafly
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Manish_Hawg

I will be going with the 95", as well. Thanks to Phil selling me his old 95" jugs and pistons. I will say, though, I am a bit nervous about doing it myself. But Phil has told me I should be fine, and even offered to help me via the phone. Thanks, BTW, Phil.
So you are the scum bag that bought his parts? J/K I would have jumped on it too, but the parts were sold when I was just seeing the post.I'm waiting to see what shooter64 prices will be and then I'm a pull the trigger some time next month.
I too am waitin to hear from Bart... and I'm gonna go 95" too... Can't wait to add some performance!!

Old 10-29-2007, 05:21 PM
jeepster09
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,821 Likes on 1,277 Posts

ORIGINAL: lkr0

Ok motorheads I went on the site and came up with following below---I meet the motor builder this Friday--is there anything else I need (besides a heavy duty clutch) for this build?

Your Shopping Cart

initCart();

Item
Options
Quantity
Remove
Amount

113 Sport Touring Package
Item # HQB-113-ST
Year Model: 2007
ENGINE COLOR: Black

$2,049.74 USD

Twin Cam Easy Install Pushrods
Item # HQ-4055

$139.09 USD

Firebrand - Chain Drive Camshaft
Item # HQ-TC-575-HC

$271.74 USD

HQ Twin Cam Lifters - Set of 4
Item # HQ-4200-04

$94.52 USD

Subtotal:
$2,555.09 USD[/align]
AOL users: To continue shopping, please close this window.[/align]

[/align]

var noWinAlert = "Please open a new browser window to continue shopping.";
var closeWinAlert = "The window you were originally browsing in has closed. Please, open a new window to continue shopping.";
setContinueShopping(');

I prefer gear drive cams.

Quick Reply: HQ 113"