Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HEAD ON COLLISION AT 50MPH ON MY NEW '07 ROAD GLIDE!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 05:37 PM
murphyslaw1978
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HEAD ON COLLISION AT 50MPH ON MY NEW '07 ROAD GLIDE!!

Holy mother of god, what a story. Glad you are alive and well and wish you a full recovery. Glad you can get back on the bike at some point in the near future.

Old 12-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Bigstick
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW!!! Glad to hear you are ok all things considered!! I had a very similar accident happen on August 31, 2007 I was doing about 50 MPH through and intersection on my 2000 Indian Chief and a woman coming at me decided to turn left right in front of me. I laid it down on the right side and hit her in the front passenger wheel. It totalled my bike and when all stopped my right leg was snapped right above the knee and laying at a 90 degree over my left leg with everything hanging out. It looked like something out of a movie. Same thing as with you I was aircared to a tauma 1 hospital and had lost a significant amount of blood. I had 3 surgeries during my week stay at the hospital and several units of blood. I have since had 3 more surgeries on my leg and one on my hand. I am just now bearing 75% weight with crutches on the leg. I also had a major bone infection that I had to fight off with a lot of antibiotics. It is a long road to recovery and a lot of hard work. Not too many of us can say we have walked in these shoes. However I am definately happy to have kept my leg and be on the north side of the dirt....thoughts and prayers for you.

[IMG]local://upfiles/43039/6EABCAA1407A4B75913D60973EA2E3E9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-02-2007, 04:16 PM
profinish
Banned

WOW...that's just as scary!... it will be 4 months for me on th 15th. I'm doing real good now, and just logged 300 miles on my newlyreconstructed machine. It seems like forever tho... seven surgeries, plates, pins and staples. Not to mention the 3-1/2 months of morphine!...good thing I quit taking the stuff 3 weeks ago... otherwise, I'd have a whole other set of problems.

Good Luck!

Old 12-02-2007, 04:22 PM
bcollida
Intermediate
Default RE: HEAD ON COLLISION AT 50MPH ON MY NEW '08 ROAD GLIDE!!

ORIGINAL: profinish

As far as the pain... believe it or not, I didn't feel any at all. Just a thud. Hurts lik a MF'er now tho!
jeesssss. I would have blacked out at the sight of my foot being turned around.

unreal. makes me not want to ride.

Old 12-02-2007, 04:22 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Profinish, good to hear you are back on the road again, be careful, complete the PT and listen to the docs. Bet you get strip search every time you go through an airport now.

Old 12-02-2007, 04:31 PM
profinish
Banned

I've already set the alarms off at the courthouse...

Old 12-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Bigstick
Cruiser

Yeah I forgot to tell the extent of the injuries. I crushed the femur breaking it in 14 places about 1.5" above the knee joint, and popped the tendoin in my right index finger, I had stitches inside my mouth, my lower lip, my chin, and my left nostril was ripped form my face. I wasn't wearing a helmet either (now I will) so I was very fortunate that these were the only injuries I recieved. I have a plate that now runs hip to knee and 37 screws holding it together. They tried Morphine with me but it didn't work they had to give me Dilotted (excuse my spelling) which is stronger than morphine. In the 5th surgery I could only bend the leg about 45 degrees so they minipulated it too 100 degrees (OUCH!!!!) that hurt, along with putting some antibiotic beads in the leg for the bone infection. I also felt nothing at the scene was very strange looking at that mess thinking damn this should hurt, but it sure does later!! I bet you like me could damn near run a pharmacy out of your medicine cabinet after all this. I also just made a deal on a 2006 FLHT. I can't wait to get back on one, the paramedic asked me in aircare if I would get back on one assuming the answer was no. I said "Put me on one right now!" I had the laptop looking at bikes the next day in the hospital bed falling asleep from all the meds. Wife was laughing at me. Kinda funny I was actually on the way to a Chiropractor appointment and was only about 2 miles from there when the accidnet happened. Here is the car I hit...

[IMG]local://upfiles/43039/D3ECC05A3DFA4B779D2ACE3B6BE2F3B1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-02-2007, 04:56 PM
ffb
Tourer

get wel and the best wishes . could have been worse ,so count your blessings ,you are still around and that is the best news.

ffb

Old 12-02-2007, 06:37 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Its like what happen to me LAST NIGHT!!!!
light snow,, I was shoveling in front of the garage door,,, off onto sidewalk,wich was all ice,,,
whooosh, both feet in the air,,, right flat on my back,, stars n all!!
man did that hurt!!!!

no, seriously Profinish and the rest ,,, MC fatalities happenin all the time,,,I'm glad you guys are still around
and hope you all heal fast and well.
thanks for sharin your stories.

lets get together and have a few sometime!

Old 12-02-2007, 07:16 PM
amike
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: HEAD ON COLLISION AT 50MPH ON MY NEW '08 ROAD GLIDE!!

What in the hell is wrong with these damn idiots. Rather hit someone head on than hit a pothole.[:@]

Quick Reply: HEAD ON COLLISION AT 50MPH ON MY NEW '07 ROAD GLIDE!!