Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power COmander Map Question, confused

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 06:20 PM
swipter
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power COmander Map Question, confused

So my Rush mufflers and AC came in. I was looking at the two maps for the PCIII. Currently I have one from Fuelmoto for stock pipes and AC. I have not received his map for the Rush and AC, yet. I downloaded the stock map and the one for Rush with the 2.25 from power commander to compare and the stock one seems to be richer than the Rush with the SE AC from 2000 rpm and up. That is if I am reading it correctly. I do believe that the numbers in the blocks mean x% over or less stock injection for fuel. Can anyone explain this to me?

Thanks

Old 10-26-2007, 06:29 PM
StreetGlide2006
Road Warrior
Default RE: Power COmander Map Question, confused

You are correct. A map with all "0" would be exactly what the ECM is telling the injectors. The number in the box is the percent the PCIII is increasing over that. A "-" number would be percent below what the ECM is calling for. At least this is the way I understand it to work.

Ride Safe,

Mike

Old 10-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give Jamie a call.

Old 10-26-2007, 06:40 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

What size baffles in your Rushes?

Old 10-26-2007, 08:01 PM
swipter
Tourer

Old 10-26-2007, 09:23 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

PM "iclick" about a map. He's running that size baffle and has done extensive experimentation. Tell him I sent ya.

In answer to your question about the map, it's percentage. If in any cell the map has a positive 2 and the ECU has determined a 10ms duty cycle was appropriate, the PC-III will make it that much percentage longer or 10ms*1.02=10.2ms. If the integer is negative it will be that much percentage shorter (9.8ms in that example). Note that this is a "load based" result, just like Techlusion, and others, claim. At any given throttle opening and RPM position, the load on the engine may be different depending on the circumstances. The bike's ECU will determine the load difference with its MAP sensor and calculate the fuel accordingly. The PC-III modifies whatever that value turns out to be.

The spark timing tables are degrees advanced or retarded from the setting the ECU sends.

I'll repeat this here for you in case it applies. If you have an '07 and you've been running with other-than-stock mufflers and/or airbox on the stock ECU only, you'll need to reset the adaptive fuel value to 100%. You can do this (at least close enough) by reinstalling all the stock components and riding for several minutes in steady closed-loop. If you don't have an AFV that's set against the stock components the PC will be working against an improper (effective) base map within the ECU itself. It'll run poorly. I'm sure many of the complaints against the PC-III (and other piggyback units which eliminate the O2 sensors on the '07s) are a direct result of having an offset in their AFV from running non-stock components before installing the controller.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:48 PM
dgretz
Tourer

glens - what do you do if you do not have the stock components to reset the AFV as you suggest? Sold my stock 07 mufflers on ebay. Was running Ruch 2" and stock AC before installing the PCIII.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:05 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

If you're using a canned map (and, of course, assuming it was made against a bike with a 'stock' AFV setting) then you can go to the dealer or anyone who has a Digital Technician and have them reset the AFV(s) (one each cylinder). If you've had your map made on a dyno since you were running just the mufflers then you should be okay.

When I first installed my PC-III and K&N airbox the bike wouldn't hardly pull past 4 grand. Now, after learning about the AFV and resetting it the hillbilly way, the mapping is just peachy.

Old 10-27-2007, 03:23 PM
swipter
Tourer

I have been running the PCIII with everything stock for a while so I should be fine. I PM'd iclick. I have been talking with him about this stuff for a while. Thanks for the schooling on the PCIII numbers. Now I get it and could probably mess with it and get it somewhat right, at least better, knowing what you told me. Especially if I had to dl a map from power commander and adjust it.

Old 10-27-2007, 04:01 PM
LeeFLHX
Advanced

Iclick would be the man to go to.

If you'd like, I can try to upload the advanced map Jamie gave me for my ride. Only difference is that I'm running 2.0 baffles on my rush. He provided it after I did the VH dual upgrade. Runs great.

Lee

Quick Reply: Power COmander Map Question, confused