Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RetroRadio and GT510 Radio

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 07:43 AM
ponesma
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RetroRadio and GT510 Radio

I just installed the Biketronics RetroRadio with a GT510 radio. It was a VERY smooth and easy install (plug and play). I already had HogTunes speakers and I can totally tell the differance between with the new radio. I do have a question about the operation of the GT510, I know there are a bunch of guys with this same setup.

When I turn the key off on the bike the radio makes abeeping sound, according to themanual it is an alarm that sounds when you turn the key off and have the front panel attached. Any way to get rid of that, other then removing the front panel? It is kinda annoying. LOL

Once again I TOTALLY recomend the Biketronics kit, and Mike and Pat were GREAT to answer all of my questions.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:46 AM
Pearl Glide
Cruiser
Default RE: RetroRadio and GT510 Radio

Yes you can disable the alarm. It's a Sony feature on all of their radios. Access the menu and scroll through, and when the alarm is displayed, select and it gives the option to disable. Follow the owners manual, because the steps may be slightly different.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:50 AM
jbhawley
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ditto.
there are setting on the radio that allow you to turn the beep off or on.
I keep my beep on...gives the by-standers something to talk about when I walk away...

Old 10-26-2007, 11:28 AM
ponesma
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: jbhawley

ditto.
there are setting on the radio that allow you to turn the beep off or on.
I keep my beep on...gives the by-standers something to talk about when I walk away...
OK Cool, so it is the beep option. I was looking in the manual and I don't see an option for alarm,I will turn off the beep and see how that works. I will give it a shot tonight and let you guys know.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:51 PM
ponesma
Cruiser

No luck guys, I have turned off the beep and it still makes the alarm beep when I turn the bike off. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Old 10-27-2007, 12:20 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Can't help with the alarm beep. Try contacting Mike and see if he knows of a fix short of removing the panel or adding an external amp.

Excellent product and nice people to do business with.

How are you liking the Sony unit compared to the HD unit you removed?

Old 10-27-2007, 12:49 PM
ponesma
Cruiser

It sounds SO much better. With all the EQ settings you can really get it sounding just how you like it. Plus I was able to put a TON of songs on a CD in MP3 format, so I dont have to keep changing CD's. That was my main reason on wanting to upgrade. Plus on my 04 the gauge colors are red/orange so the radio matches nicely with the red keys.

I will shoot Mike an email asking about the alarm sound, it really is not a big deal but there has to be a way to stop it. I am also going to try Sony support and see how that goes. I can not believe if you install that in your car that you will always take the face plate off when you turn the car off. If I get an answer I will let everyone know. I assume others have the same issue?

Thanks,

Old 10-30-2007, 01:02 PM
ponesma
Cruiser

So I talked to Mike at biketronics and he said they dont know of any way to turn off the alarm when you shut your bike off. I will check with Sony to see if they have a way. I am really surprised that nobody else has mentioned this. Can anyone else that has this radio confirm that they are experiencing the same alarm?

Thanks,

Old 10-30-2007, 01:38 PM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 197 Likes on 135 Posts

I have the sony MEX-1GP and beeps like yours, doesnt bother me

Old 10-30-2007, 01:58 PM
mario940
Advanced

I've had Sony Units in my most of my trucks as well as my bike and all have beeped for me. I guess I have become use to the alarm since it no longer bothers me...

Quick Reply: RetroRadio and GT510 Radio