Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wife thinks its an old mans bike!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 06:15 AM
Hogwallop
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Wife thinks its an old mans bike!!!!

Install the detachable hardware for the tourpak. That way you can have a different look on the bike for her. I guarantee after riding with the tourpak on and then taking that comfy backrest/armrests off for her next ride, she will beg to have them back on for the next time you go out on that ole man's bike. Just remind her how young the women look on the back of that ole man's bike too. Who knows, you may get lucky that day...........BONUS !!!!!!!

Old 10-25-2007, 06:18 AM
mwriggs
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to say it, but someone else already did....let her ride on the back of a crotch rocket for about 600 miles, and then see if she calls it a geezer glide.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:35 AM
corgi
Road Master

my son is 17 and he has a harley"hardly an Old man". He'll probably get a crotch rocket someday though. although for long rides cross country, he knows Harley is the way to go.

[IMG]local://upfiles/26296/0221701D267F4A3EAB7BC667A5284DB4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-25-2007, 06:42 AM
vindyl
Road Master

I just bought a GEEZER GLIDE and I LOVE it I wish I had bought it when I was 29. Its an AWESOME ride nothing like comfort and radios. And everyone is right your wife will love it once she rides on the back and she can walk after the ride and she can also rock out while riding Another good point to the radio just turn it up and you cant hear the OL lady bitchin LOL

Old 10-25-2007, 06:43 AM
MACK
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Through caution to the wind and buy the finest touring rig in the world. Dont worry, you will like it.I have ridden and owned every HD made at one time or another and had my share of metrics including English bikes and as the Porsche ad says,"there is no substitute".

Old 10-25-2007, 06:44 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

Ah always love the "Geezer" cracks - they're usually made by those that either can't afford, or whose wives won't let 'em, have one. Coupla guys in mah HOG chapter razz me 'bout it, 'til ah lay out a 3-400 mile day trip for the club <evul grin>. Iffen ya worry 'bout what others say/think, then go git sumthin' else. Otherwise, buy what speaks to you.....

Old 10-25-2007, 06:47 AM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

I've been riding full dress motorcyles since I was 29. I'm now 56. The first time I rode an Ultra after riding Japanese dressers for may years I couldn't believe how well it handled. I can still remember the first real cursve I took on my '00 Ultra. What a difference that lower center of gravity makes. In my opinion it's the only way to go. One quick warning. Be prepared to always ride baggers after your first one. Once you have tunes there is no going back to a bike without.

Good luck.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:56 AM
jakester
Tourer

HEY I waited till i was 50 till i get my E-GLIDE and am sooooooo sorry i waited!!!!!!! every day on that bike is a dream!!!!!! always nice to take tour pack off and just ride
solo or with pas backrest for around town......TAKE A TEST RIDE!!!!!!!! BUY USED ALOT OF DEALS OUT THERE TO CHOSE FROM!!!!!Buy a standard and build you WONT BE
SORRY!!!!!!! Good luck and HAPPY TRAILS !!!!!!!TIM>>>>>>>[sm=goodidea.gif][sm=trust_me.gif]

Old 10-25-2007, 06:58 AM
Windup08
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Young or old(er) if you like long distance riding there is nothing better than the GeezerGlide. I choose to call it the "windup" bike. I have 5 brothers all who have ridden various brands/models, 4 are still on Harleys and the oldest one coined the name "windup bike" for me. He believes that if you ride motorcycles long enough you will eventually "wind up" on one of these. Its the Cadilac, or if you prefer the Lexus of motorcycles. I just went from a Dyna to an 08 Ultra and there is no looking back....in fact after putting several hundred miles on it I don't understand why I waited this long. And...after one good long ride the wife loves it as much as I do.....Well, maybe "almost" as much as I do.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:07 AM
Big Peter
Road Captain

Renta Dyna for the weekend.
Put your wife on the backseat and drive 300 miles
then ask her again about the old mans bike !
I promise she will never say this again [8D]

Greetz Peter

Quick Reply: Wife thinks its an old mans bike!!!!