Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wife thinks its an old mans bike!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 11:58 AM
OregonRoadKing
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wife thinks its an old mans bike!!!!

The Ultra took a little getting used to. The sucker is heavy. I thought the Road King was heavy, ha! But, I've gotten used to it and really like it. The wife called it a geezerglide too until she rode on it and admits that it is a great ride.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:05 PM
racerx1
Cruiser

Last year I was 34 and walked into the dealer planning on buying a RK Custom. Dealer talked me into sitting on a Street Glide and I ended up buying it. I too used to ride sport bikes and UJMs and was hesitant to get something with the big fairing, but I love it now. I've put on about 6000 miles and keep on liking the fairing and bags more and more. I like the SG because you can strip it down and mod it without having to go all chrome and conchos. Wife likes having floorboards, backrest, and radio. My friends wife doesn't want him to get an "old man bike" either so he keeps his Fat Boy, but he wants my bike more and more every time we take a long ride together.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:09 PM
ironhead3fan
Road Master

I bought my first 'geezer' glide when I was 32. Once you ride one, you can never go back. My wife loves it for the long trips, she falls asleep on it all the time it is so comfortable. Don't worry about what others think, get what you really want. They can call it geezerglide, I call it comfortable!!

Old 11-07-2007, 12:20 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya.
what he said

Old 11-07-2007, 12:37 PM
jsv62707
Stage III

i did almost the same thing, rode a crotch rocket, sold it bacause of kids over 10 yrs ago. now kids are old enough to leave behind, bought my first harley. my wife loves it as much as me. looked at the ultra and the street glide. i thought the ultra looked to "comfortable" and the SG had what i wanted. all i added to it was a small backrest for her. if i wanted all the extras, would have went with the ultra.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts

Here's what a few buck (quite a few) can do to an Ultra...

http://www.baddad.com/NewProjects/Cu...ustomultra.htm

Old 11-07-2007, 01:04 PM
triple buzz
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

When I told my wife I wanted to buy a touring model she said I should quit hagging out with old guys! When my V-Rod was in the shop (racoon issues) We were given a ultra as a loner for 2 weeks while I waited on parts- wife said it was ugly fat and old man. 30 miles down the road she loved the windshield,tunes big fat seat and the storage. 300 miles down the road she said keep going ! So in the end I bought a touring model -a road glide . She says its ugly and hates the 2 head lights but loves the ride. everyone's advice about testing before buying is dead on . Now if it would just quit snowing !

Old 11-07-2007, 01:20 PM
nwbobnw
Cruiser

They are old man bikes. I'm just glad I got to get old (53).

Old 11-07-2007, 01:32 PM
rome304
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to the naked eye everyone thinks that.

Old 11-07-2007, 02:06 PM
MIGHTYFINERK
5th Gear

Welcome to the forum. I too was the owner of a Intruder 1500. I was able to finally purchase a Harley and have been totally happy since('06 Roadking Classic) The Intruder was ok,but...it's a long way from being a bike you will have a passion for. I sold my Suzy to my brother and have been hinting to him that it's time to join the "family".
My wife and another couple went to Vegas in April and rented Ultra's for a day. Two weeks after our return my friend and his wife rolled into my driveway on a new '07 Ultra. (he also owned a Intruder 1500). Rent one for a weekend....your decision will be a lot easier.

Quick Reply: Wife thinks its an old mans bike!!!!