Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wife thinks its an old mans bike!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 09:10 AM
maltezebluez96
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wife thinks its an old mans bike!!!!

Do you really think you're gonna get a negative comment on the touring site? [sm=smiley5.gif]We all love our Geezer Glides, and really if you're on a Harley not to many folks are gonna give you a hard time. You have to go with your heart. But I found out the hard way many times in my life that if I make decisions based on what others think I won't ever 1) be me, and 2) be happy. I have 2 touring bikes. A 2004 EGC and a 95 Road King. Nobody is ever going to talk me into anything other than a Harley Davidson. I know I would be sitting at a light and everytime a Harley would pull up beside me me I would be wanting to kick my own ****. Go for it,.....Have fun,....and be safe. You'll never look back. You can take that to the bank.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:24 AM
MDodson
Road Master

The best thing is to rent one for the weekend. Most dealers are reasonable on the prices. Dont be afaid of used glides most everyone takes care of there bikes. I have had my 07EGClassicfor 10 months and now have22000 miles on it. I am also 29. Good luck. And welcome to the board.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:50 AM
24guns
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: HD Bones

You've never listen to her before... Why start now!
[sm=exactly.gif]

LOL! This is exactly what my wife says to me when I do things.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Scooter_092196
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife said the same thing until I made her sit on one at the local dealer. 33 and we picked up this 06 this year and she's loved it ever since. She used to get a sore @$$ on our old Heritage Softail but now she can ride all day long with no soreness whatsoever. She also loves being able to listen to some tunes while on the bike. Do it, you won't regret it and neither will she.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Cycleman6
Cruiser

I understand exactly. I'm 27 and this is my 3rd HD. My wife still calls it an old man's bike and likes my bike I traded in better...an 06 SE V-Rod. I have an 08 Ultra but I LOVE my old mans' bike. I have my iPhone hooked up on it, 19" front chrome 8 spoke, 18" rear 8 spoke, detachable tour pac, painted inner fairing, etc. It's decked out so that it's a 'sporty' old man's bike. This next month a GMR 107" is going in, so I'll be a fast old man's bike. When I'm done with this one...the next bike..another old man's bike. Wouldn't trade it for anything else.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:31 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They are old mans bikes, but tell that wife that young ladies like to ride on them, so if she doesnt want to fill that back seat maybe you will just trade her in on a newer, sportier model with BIG bumpers

Old 10-26-2007, 02:45 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Keep in mind that for all practical purposes, all the touring models are the same bike just with different stuff bolted to it. I know how your wife feels (and I'm 52) and that's what led me to a Road Glide. I got a fairing plus the stereo and cruise control from the ultra, but no CB or extra chrome. And another reason I like it is that compared to Electraglides and Road Kings, there are very few others on the road.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12883/E312257934FE414CA0045BD981EEBAC2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-26-2007, 03:18 PM
HarleyGirl76
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

They are old mans bikes, but tell that wife that young ladies like to ride on them, so if she doesnt want to fill that back seat maybe you will just trade her in on a newer, sportier model with BIG bumpers
No matter what you get, somebody will have an negative for you. If it's a Honda you'll hear that it's not a Harley. If it's a geezer glide you'll hear it's not a sport bike. If it's a crotch rocket you'll year that you must be compensating for...well, you know. I have a friend who told his 40 year old wife that if she didn't like it, he'd trade her in on two 20's. Unfortunately I think he did...

These are great bikes and fun to ride. Buy her some leather, put her on the back and ride till she smiles...

Lisa

Old 10-26-2007, 07:56 PM
XfasteddieX
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i thought we were talkin about geezer glides not b!t(h bikes
ORIGIrAL: corgi

my son is 17 and he has a harley"hardly an Old man". He'll probably get a crotch rocket someday though. although for long rides cross country, he knows Harley is the way to go.

[IMG]local://upfiles/26296/0221701D267F4A3EAB7BC667A5284DB4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-07-2007, 11:45 AM
balvanzfamily
2nd Gear

Maybe she's more worried about being seen as an "Old Lady".

Quick Reply: Wife thinks its an old mans bike!!!!