Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Ultra $36,995

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 08:36 AM
swomack
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SE Ultra $36,995

I walked in to my dealer yesterday (C&S Nashville) to find that they had been sold and saw a SE Ultra in the white and silver. It was a nice looking bike but $36,995! Where do they find people gullable enough to buy these things? That's $400 less than 2 EGC's! In '06 you got a 6-speedinstead of a 5-speed and a 103 with a stroker crank. Now you get the standard 6-speed and bolt on 110 kit and few chrome do-dads but not 16k worth of do-dads!

Old 10-23-2007, 08:42 AM
Dennydp
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: SE Ultra $36,995

If you price all the stuff and plan on lots of additions to your stock bike it can make sense.I think all Harleys are overpriced but what isnt anymore.If it makes sense to you wtf.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:52 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I see dealers that still have '06 and '07 SE Ulta's on the floor and they're not even marked down. Guess they figure someone without a clue will come along.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:53 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

We can't keep them in our store. They sell very fast and alot of times the owner has to trade a different model SE bike to get one for a requesting customer.[&:] However, if you think about it, alot of us Ultra owners pay the initial >$20k and then add thousands of dollars in engine and chrome mods when in reality if I would have had the money upfront, I'da probably been better off just going with an Ultra SE.Then there are those that will say you can build a motor cheaper than what HD sells theSE's for, but these SE's do come with a TON of chrome and a 110cuengine. May not be what some people want, but it would work for me.

Eitherway the White Frost and silver is absolutely gorgeous.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:18 AM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: swomack

I walked in to my dealer yesterday (C&S Nashville) to find that they had been sold and saw a SE Ultra in the white and silver. It was a nice looking bike but $36,995! Where do they find people gullable enough to buy these things? That's $400 less than 2 EGC's! In '06 you got a 6-speedinstead of a 5-speed and a 103 with a stroker crank. Now you get the standard 6-speed and bolt on 110 kit and few chrome do-dads but not 16k worth of do-dads!
They find them the same place OCC,and others find guys to pay 100K or more for a strip down chopper. At least youre getting a real harley rather than a cloned motor copy. In 06 the 103 was just a bolt on kit too, but the difference is harley factory is building these and not some hack the dealer hired out of MMI. As for chrome, take aclose look, they have every part that can be upgraded changed. Not my cup of tea but I would buy one over some overpriced POS sold by the so called custom companies.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:38 AM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: UltraKla$$ic
Eitherway the White Frost and silver is absolutely gorgeous.
[sm=exactly.gif]Saw one a few weeks back and if there was ANY WAY I could have afforded it, I would have bought it.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:44 AM
EVOrider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 278 Likes on 203 Posts

Saw some guy riding one about a week ago.....sharp bike.

However, the price of them is totally rediculous to me. For that price, I'll buy a new car and keep my 1998 Ultra.

Hell, my first house cost less than that bike does......

Old 10-23-2007, 09:44 AM
SteveO
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just purchased the 08 White/Grey SE3. Awsome bike, has everything, ABS,GPS, heated leather seat with back restheated grips, XM radio,garage door opener, auto luggage locks, HID lights (optional)chrome wheels, floating chrome calipers, hydraulic clutch, chrome oil cooler, chrome everything on the handlebars with internal wiring,chrome stainless hoses all around, I counted 49 additional chrome accessories, most are billet, too much additional chrome to mention, SE air cleaner, SE exhaust, SE suspension,..........and the most of all.....the new 110 engine with 115 lbs torque and around 110 HP !! very FAST andSMOOTH!

I had two offers to sell the SE3, both several thousand over what I paid, one offer was before I left the dealer ! These bikes are limited production and dealers sell them as soon as they arrive, some are selling up to $5,000 over MSRP or most are pre-sold, if they can get them.

Check out the Kelly Blue Book resale value on the SE bikes most are selling used for what they were purchased for and more. Check out a basic two or three year old Ultra or basic SG resale value, you would need three bikes to match the resale ofone Ultra SE3.

I tried to add up the cost of allaccessories and chrome to the price of a standard Ultra and cost was over $42,000 not including some of the options only on the SE3, then add the cost of a 110 engine around $6500....you figure it out.

The SE3 is not a bad deal if you can afford one.

You should take the time to check out the SE real close, if you can find one!!

My .02 worth.

Very happy and proud08 white/grey SE3 owner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteveO

Old 10-23-2007, 09:48 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was in the El Cajon HD dealership a couple of months ago.... they had a UC for $42,995.00. it was painted "Dreamcicle Orange and White". the Salesmanager said he had 2 names on a list wanting it.

makes my $17,540 Fatty pale in comparison.......

Old 10-23-2007, 09:48 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I think the SE's are sharp, but they go overbaord on the chrome IMO. If I told the wife I dropped 36k on a bike, I'd better make sure my new apt has parking for it.

Quick Reply: SE Ultra $36,995