Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance and Hines Fuel Pak

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 09:53 AM
brinks13081
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vance and Hines Fuel Pak

Anyone using a Fuel Pak on their 08 Harley? I want to change to dual on my 08 but I don't want to wait for the PC. Do the two units work in the same fashion, any Fuel Pak reviews?

Old 10-22-2007, 10:23 AM
itsmyforte
Tourer
Default RE: Vance and Hines Fuel Pak

i have one on my 08 egs. works like a champ, VERY easy to setup, I am quite happy with it and i have used several power commanders in the past. I'd say it works just as good. I am puttin on true duals this week hopfully.(fullsac kit)
I currently have slash cut slip-ons, the suggested suggested settings works great.

Old 10-22-2007, 01:12 PM
jackja25
Road Captain

this is to itsmyforte. I have tried to purchase the fuelpack for my new 08 UC. I have not been able to find it. Been told that it will be available late in December. How did you get it or are you using an older one?

Old 10-22-2007, 02:38 PM
harleyflo
Tourer

if i had to do it again i would not buy fuelpak.you just cant fine tune it.tech at v&h are useless.spend your money on sert or pc3.

Old 10-22-2007, 02:45 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

FuelPaks Work GREAT as long as you don't want to modify the Engine much more then just the stage 1 - I have worked with V&H Tech support and they have always been very helpful...
I have a FuelPak on my '07 RG with Samsom Slip-ons and Ness Big Sucker... Total installation & set-up time was less then 2 hours for all of it... It has so far delivered improved performance - good throttle responce - no popping and avg fuel mileage exceeds 42MPG & has been this way for over 10,000 miles trouble free

Does the PCIII work in the same manor.... NO... You can do more with the PCIII where the FuelPak is a basic the PCIII you can change a lot of different things... However to really fine tune a PCIII it will require dyno time and that additional $$$.. So if you were thinging of doing Engine Mods down the road... I would consider the T-Max with auto tune over the PCIII or SERT as it will make the changes for you without the extra out of pocket $$$ for the dyno..

Old 10-22-2007, 03:38 PM
schuffyman
Advanced

I had a Fuel Pak installed on my 08 anniversary Ultra down at Biketoberfest on october 18th. I had it removed on october 20th. I then had Rossmeyers in daytona install the Pro Race tuner. No problems thus far. Don't do the fuel pak, i had the Race tuner on my 05 ultra and it ran like a champ but I had that one setup on a dyno. I haven't had the 08 dyno'ed yet. But will.

Old 10-22-2007, 03:42 PM
schuffyman
Advanced

I got my fuel pak at Biketoberfest in Daytona from the V&H trailer and it was located in the vendor area at Rossmeyer's destination daytona. Installed on Oct. 18th and removed on Oct. 20th. After sitting in traffic and the bike got HOT it restricted the throttle to 45% and when letting off the throttle the bike fell on its nose as if it was running out of gas. V&H installer said that it shuts off fuel for a second so it won't pop but it felt like CRAP.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:28 PM
itsmyforte
Tourer

ORIGINAL: jackja25

this is to itsmyforte. I have tried to purchase the fuelpack for my new 08 UC. I have not been able to find it. Been told that it will be available late in December. How did you get it or are you using an older one?
thats because i ordered direct from V&H storefront in california. I paid retail, so it'll cost ya a bit more but i wanted it NOW. i posted a thread that they are available. in that thread is the number i called and ordered from. from my understanding they JUST started shipping from V&H on Oct. 10th i could be off a couple days.

Old 10-28-2007, 02:49 AM
bezoar
Tourer

I don't get it. How is it that on one bike V&H fuel pak works great and on another is sucks. Is it not idiot proof or are modifications not taken into account. Very confusing for someone wanting to do this.

Old 10-28-2007, 04:23 AM
pounder35
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a 08SG and just couldnt wait any longer for the so called pc and went with the fuel pack what do i gotta loose right?? I had to order it from there retail store in whittier, ca was here in 2 days i happen to live in Ca.

I must say I got my settings from the fuel pack site followed the instructions and wowwwwwwww man this bike is a whole new animal
I have a SE AC with VH Oval slip ons and just love it even more.

If your going to stay with a stock motor this is fine if you really want more power you gotta rip the motor apart..

If you have a 08 i recomend the fuel pack any day.

Quick Reply: Vance and Hines Fuel Pak