Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What now? Fuel Pak or ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007 | 10:56 AM
rlb5857
Cruiser
Default RE: What now? Fuel Pak or ???

Glens is correct in his comments. If the improved air flow causes the ECM to reach it's outside limit of control it makes sense to me that one could run leaner. So my comment of lean and maybe running leaner is partially true. Either way a download or management system is needed to bring back the center postion of the ECM.

Old 10-22-2007 | 11:10 AM
ko4qc
Banned

Iinstalled ,on my 07 FXDBI, SEIIs(bought on EBAY for $60),Stage I air cleaner($129 at dealer)and V&H Fuelpak(bought on EBAY NEW for $202)...dealer actually recomended the Fuelpak over the dl...didnt recomend the SERT but,probably because they dont have a DYNO...:&gt...runs great,sounds great and still getting 48-50 MPG...very mild pop on decel occasionally....:&gt

Old 10-22-2007 | 11:11 AM
schuffyman
Advanced

Ok here is my two cents worth and that ain't worth much. I just returned from Biketoberfest in Daytona, while there I had the Vance and Hines guys install a set of V&H dual headers and V&H oval mufflers, Screamin eagle air cleaner and of course their Fuel pak. The bike did run good, but before I left for my return trip I had them remove the Fuel pak andI idled my way to the service dept (which was just around the corner) at Bruce Rossmeyers, and had them install a SERT. The bike ran flawlessly on the return trip home. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the fuel pak but after sitting in traffic for over an hour on I95 the bike would not run, it was sluggish and it made me SICK. It was fine the next morning but I did everything I could do to keep from getting stuck in traffic for an extended amount of time. I had the V&H guys check the calibration on the fuel pak but that did no good. I feel confident that now that I have the SERT I won't have any problems in traffic. I also want to say this is my second set of V&H duals and oval mufflers and I love them. I went down to Daytona with theintent ofletting Cycle Solutions install some Rhinehardts, I couldn't find his booth but was able to find it AFTER I installed the V&H duals. Again I love the pipes!Let the bashing begin!

Old 10-22-2007 | 11:21 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member

FUELPAK will work GREAT seeing as you're NOT going to do any major engine mods... They're easy to install & set-up and won't kill your pocket book... Have used it in my '07 and I get GREAT overall performance and 42+ MPG...

Old 10-22-2007 | 12:42 PM
rocksandgiz
Road Captain

2008 fuelpak is out. http://www.fuelpakfi.com/harley1.html
dont know the price yet. Looks like it should work with your setup. Let us know how it comes out. Peace

Old 10-22-2007 | 07:58 PM
jpmflying
|
Cruiser

You have peaked my interest in possibly doing this myself. Are the install directions for the fuelpak easy to follow?

Old 10-22-2007 | 08:19 PM
brewdog
Road Captain

I have a problem with Fuel Pak...the unit on my 06 Ultra had wires breaking (blue wire)creating a very unsafe operating condition. Don't think for a minute that when the wire breaks the unit just goes back to the HD software. My Ultramissed coughed, choked, bucked, farted and everything else until the wires were diagnosed and repaired.It was barely drivable and was UNSAFE. If Fuel pak hasn't clean up that act, I'd be VERY concerned about getting one. The wires supplied were to short according to what I was told, and to light for this application.

I'm doing the SERT this time around.

Old 10-22-2007 | 08:20 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: jpmflying

You have peaked my interest in possibly doing this myself. Are the install directions for the fuelpak easy to follow?
easy? you got kids? they could do it.
plug it in get your numbers and press buttons.
calibrate and go

Old 10-23-2007 | 06:41 AM
rebeltruce
Tourer

I have an 07 RK Custom, w/V&H Big Shot Duals, Ness Air Cleaner, and the Fuel Pak.

Did the work myself and I have to say the Fuel Pak was very easy to install. Fit perfectly, no problems with the connections or the set up. Bike runs flawlessly.

Just be sure and look up your settings on the V&H website, you'll have no trouble at all. Just keep in mind if you do anything other then pipes and Air Intake the Fuel pak is will become pretty much worthless. You'll need a more tunable fuel management system.

Old 10-23-2007 | 09:12 AM
itsmyforte
Tourer

ORIGINAL: jpmflying

super duper easy, so easy a caveman can do it

the only way to get a fuelpak right now is to call direct to the V&H store front in CALI. atleast thats where mine came from

Quick Reply: What now? Fuel Pak or ???