Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plow Mounted Harley

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007 | 10:13 AM
freedomfighter
|
Cruiser
Default RE: Plow Mounted Harley

Yep, When I purchased it oversea's in Kuwait the closest dealer was Laugerman that delt with military sales from my house. I've never been there yet, I live in Greencastle. I think it is about 1 1/2 hour from my house. Have you delt with them before and how are they?

Old 10-22-2007 | 10:19 AM
nedster
Road Master

Never bought one from them. I did speak with a salesperson named Missy, she was very nice and was very up to date on the bikes. Their service dept has always been great as far as work performed.

Old 10-22-2007 | 01:55 PM
Homebrew101
Road Master

I ride unless it's 25 degrees or less. If I wanted to ride that when it's that cold, I would need a heated jacket liner and heated pants. I do have to use a full face helmet, chaps and heated gloves if below 35 degrees.

The last few weeks here (Wisconsin) friends have asked me if I put the bike away for the winter yet and I have tolaugh and tell them that I haven't even pulled the full face helmet and heated gloves out yet.

Old 10-22-2007 | 02:46 PM
20tillsix
Cruiser

I don't ride when it gets below freezing here. Ice patches in traffic can be a problem, I've hit them before and it's not fun.

Old 10-22-2007 | 04:17 PM
The Old Man
Road Master

ORIGINAL: freedomfighter

Hey there Nedster, I'll be up in your neighborhood Nov 5th to pick up my new 08 SG from the local dealer. Needless to say I will be riding all winter. The way it is looking it's going to be a warm winter anyway .
Yea thanks to Al Gore and global warming....I love Global warming.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 10-22-2007 | 04:49 PM
dchoran
Road Warrior

NE Wisconsin.

Temperature won't stop me - have ridden at 10F into a windchill (no ice/snow) - dress right, no problem.

SALT is the season ender for me. Around here in winter, all the roads are white from salt, not snow.

That $hit will eat your scooter up. Is there such a thing as ZIEBART for bikes???

Old 10-22-2007 | 04:54 PM
Moosemeat
Advanced

Here is NE Washington it gets well below zero at times every winter. That said, I usually ride at least occasionally in every month. Low temps don't bother me, but I don't like snow and ice. Rode to work this AM with temp in the low 30's. When it gets below freezing I wear my Frog Toggs rainpants over my jeans and that keeps me toasty. I ride a Road Glide so the fairing really helps!

Old 10-22-2007 | 05:17 PM
Hagar the Horrible
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: dfirecpt

I don't mind the cold too much as I have ridden with temps in the teens. The thing that holds me back is the de-icer that the DOT applies to roads.
Very corrosive to chrome and aluminum. The first time they spread it on the roads signals the end of my riding season.

10/ 4and it is over till they sweep it up in the spring.

Old 10-22-2007 | 05:18 PM
StreetGlide2006
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: dchoran

NE Wisconsin.

Temperature won't stop me - have ridden at 10F into a windchill (no ice/snow) - dress right, no problem.

SALT is the season ender for me. Around here in winter, all the roads are white from salt, not snow.

That $hit will eat your scooter up. Is there such a thing as ZIEBART for bikes???
Same here, I can stay warm but the chrome can not take the salt!

Ride Safe,

Mike

Old 10-22-2007 | 05:20 PM
customrk05
Intermediate

Here in GA we are able to ride year round. It can get cold but not for long. The mornings can get a bit chilli in January, 20 or so, but it is usually in the 50's in the afternoons.

My HOG chapter has a New Years Day ride each year to our favorite restuarant. Usually have 100 plus riders put in around 150 miles that day. Great way to start the New Year ........You gotta love the south!!

Quick Reply: Plow Mounted Harley