Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plow Mounted Harley

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007 | 08:39 AM
stimul8ing guy
Road Captain
Default RE: Plow Mounted Harley

Here in Oklahoma we normally ride thru the Christmas season toy ride fund raisers. We usually have to ride 30-50 milesto some of thesebut unless it's below 30 degrees atleast us guys go but the wives may not. After Christmas weput it up for January and February.

Old 10-22-2007 | 08:40 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: screws4156

When I lived in New York City I had a Kawi CSR 1000. I told my wifei didn't need the car anymore, when I brought the bike home without tellng her I was buying it. She said When it gets cold I'll wish I still had the car( I gave her the keys). EVEry morning in December Thru March If it was dry I rode. 2 degree out if the bike started I rode. I remember one morning I just didn't want to ride. Dry but colder than a witches T**. I went out back gave the starter a couple of hits and flooded it. I didn't know she was watching out the window. As I came back in the dor she handed me a can of engine start. I asked her when she got it. she said the day after I brought the bike home. It was a very cold ride to work that day.
we moved to Az the following year.
Good Story! Them dumb *** women, I out smart mine at least once a week, just like that only a little different. The weaker of the sexes? I don't think so, the older I get!

Old 10-22-2007 | 08:45 AM
kpb46
Road Master

I live in mid Michigan and will be riding all year. But half of it will be in Fla.[sm=imsorry.gif]

Old 10-22-2007 | 08:48 AM
dave7mm
Cruiser

In Pa ill ride down to the mid 30s.Heated grips.Good gear.No problems.First time they put the crap on the roads to melt ice..... Im done for the winter.
In the spring ill wait for a couple of good rains to wash that crap off, and start over.
dave

Old 10-22-2007 | 09:13 AM
nedster
Road Master

I live in York PA. I ride at least twice a month all winter unless there is crud on the streets from a snow.

Old 10-22-2007 | 09:27 AM
Big Cholla
Road Warrior

I can't imagine riding in that cold of temps! At daybreak, when I leave the house here in the Las Vegas Valley, it is never lower than 50 deg. By the time I get home it is 80 to 85 deg. Of course, we ride year around excepting a few thunderstorms. During the 100 deg. plus temps of the summer I ride a lot at night. Last winter, I obligated myself to meet some out-of-towners whowere ridingrented H-Ds at the top of Lee Canyon Ski Lift area (8500 ft. elevation). By the time I got there the temp was 32 deg. I had on leather coat, leather chaps and snowboarding gloves. I felt like I was becoming a popsicle. I was so cold, I was actually becoming dangerous to be riding. [:@] .................. BC (a true native of the desert )

Old 10-22-2007 | 09:32 AM
Avmech
Intermediate

With no heated gear and the streets of Chicago clear of salt, 40 degrees.

Old 10-22-2007 | 10:05 AM
freedomfighter
|
Cruiser

Hey there Nedster, I'll be up in your neighborhood Nov 5th to pick up my new 08 SG from the local dealer. Needless to say I will be riding all winter. The way it is looking it's going to be a warm winter anyway .

Old 10-22-2007 | 10:08 AM
nedster
Road Master

Warm winter?? As long as no shoveling is involved it can get 20 below. HATE SNOW!! Who ya buying from? Laugerman?

Old 10-22-2007 | 10:13 AM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member

I ride into the low 40's (note no windshield). When I ride my buddies SEEG, with windshield and fairing, I'll go down to mid 30's. Essentially, ice is more of an issue for me than temp...

Quick Reply: Plow Mounted Harley