Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RKC Fairing

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 04:03 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts
Default RKC Fairing

Has anyone tried the Wide Open Custom fairing, just wondering about quality and price comparison with the dead center fairings?

Old 10-22-2007, 12:38 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: RKC Fairing

They are definitley cheaper. I saw their add in a mag, and checked their site. Sent them a question about whether they would fit with my bars, anda couple of other questions. I got the response, "NO". That's it, nothing else. So, that lack of customer service has made me decide not to buy from them. Do what you want, but if I was answering a question from a potential buyer, I sure wouldn't leave a one word reply. Heck, no one even bothered to sign a name at the bottom. I'm just saying...

Old 10-22-2007, 02:21 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Friend put on a DRAGONFLY FAIRING on his RKC.. Killer Fairing and the Color Match was dead on - and talk about TUNES... KILLER!!!
Have found ya get what ya pay for 99% of the time???

Old 10-22-2007, 02:50 AM
Driftwood
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree I have seen and heard the dragon fly also. Fit and finish is first rate and the 6x9 speakers belt out the tunes but I haven't seen in of the other brands other than the adds.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:55 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts

Try to buy a 1970's - 1980' "King of the Road" shovel fairing if a bolt on fairing is all you are looking for. Fits right over your light. Will check brackets to see if the mounting bolt pattern is the same. If it is not, I will post again for you. I bought mine for $10 but chromed the brackets & repainted it to match. There is not a inner fairing available for that type as you know it on the other newer bikes. Radio boxes are available, but I never would use a radio, would drown out my pipes.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:04 AM
stevepacman
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I saw a few Quadzilla fairings when I was at Biketoberfest and was very impressed. The sound quality was outstanding. I have a RKC and am trying to decide which brand to get. I like Dead Center's fairing, but it only has 2 speakers. Hoppe Design's Quadzilla looks so good Icouldn't tell if the fairing was stock/ factory without walking around to console side.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Rico450r
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: stevepacman

I saw a few Quadzilla fairings when I was at Biketoberfest and was very impressed. The sound quality was outstanding. I have a RKC and am trying to decide which brand to get. I like Dead Center's fairing, but it only has 2 speakers. Hoppe Design's Quadzilla looks so good Icouldn't tell if the fairing was stock/ factory without walking around to console side.
All three have that look, I think customer service might be one important thing like anything else we buy are they going to stand behind there work!! I noticed when I called Dragonfly after I have bought my fairing they were willing to help me in any way possible. I hope the other main two companies are that way. As far as Wide open. Remember, youget what you pay for and the bikes we ridedeserve the best IMO. lol
IMO - no mattter what you get I would want to see the fairing in person just so you know what you are getting. Idrove down to Hollister to see Dragonfly and then in Reno before I bought my fairing

Rico

Old 10-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Hagar the Horrible
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a quadzilla. It is for sale. it has minor repairable damage to outer fairing. $799.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:42 PM
olgreydog7
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Hagar the Horrible

I have a quadzilla. It is for sale. it has minor repairable damage to outer fairing. $799.
got any pics?

Old 10-22-2007, 12:53 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

I went with Dead Center after lookiong at all of them. Price, quality and customer service won me. I can tell you where you can buy it at 20% off if you are interested. There are lots of pics in my gallery of the fairing and the paint. Tunes are great, loud and clear at 85mph.

Quick Reply: RKC Fairing