Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RKC Fairing

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RKC Fairing

ORIGINAL: Guilty

I bought a dead center fairing and sent it back...they charged 20% restock fee and $60.00 shipping. It cost me $27.00 to send it back via the same shipper and a couple hundred for the restock charge, so they overcharged me for the freight too - and I returned it in perfect condition. The 2 pieces of fiberglass had a really poor fit when put together and looked like it would take too much work to get a clean finish like I was looking for. Second, the fiberglass brackets were not good and I thought that whenever you removed the fairing, you would put undue wear on the bracket and the paint wouldn't hold. Apparently they have metal brackets now so that is an improvement, but my experience with them was less than stellar.
Guilty, I don't know how long ago you have bought your dead center fairing? But, I've NEVER known them to have fiberglass brackets, DeadCenterCycle's obvious claim to fame is LOCKING STAINLESS STEAL BRACKETS.....??? WTFO!

Are you mistaking them from some other, such as DRAGONFLY?? They did make fiberglass brackets.

As for poor fitment of glass edges don't have any idea until you determine who you "Really" sent a fairing back too!

Mine is DCC and don't have a single issue with fitment, as a matter of fact I think its a very high quality unit.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:25 AM
wjoel
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joel here, from Dead Center Cycles.

Im loving these conversations, however, I have to set something straight."I know that people sometimes geet confused but "Guilty" could not have bought a fairing fromDead Center Cycles. I know this because we have NEVER used fiberglass brackets AND we pride ourselves on our 30 day unconditional guarantee with no restocking fee. We have never charged a restocking fee and plan to continue to do so because we stand behind the quality of our product.

Thanks RAM for standing up for us in this thread! I figured I still needed to respond after seeing themisstep.

Thanks for hearing me out!

Old 12-10-2007, 02:05 PM
Hagar the Horrible
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check www.firebagger.com Reasonably priced, fiberglass, stainless brackets, lockable

Old 12-26-2007, 03:09 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Joel, you are the one I talked to about the marred paint, your service is good. I will be getting the faring flamd and will repair the blotch then, have a couple thousand miles on the faring now, fit is good and working radio working well, whish there was a earphone jack but not a biggie. Would recommend you to others. To all, Joel did opffer to take the faring back at no charge and make it right.

Old 12-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Tenn
Tourer
Received 126 Likes on 61 Posts

i too have a deadcenter painted to match my flhrse3, my paint was a bit marred up, right on the nose, i called and noted it with joel. anyhow the fairing is quality! the sound system will fool ya....

i would recommend deadcenter to anyone

ride on

TN

Old 12-26-2007, 03:46 PM
Guilty
Outstanding HDF Member

I stand corrected...It was Dragonfly that I returned. I am terribly sorry for the mistake!

Old 05-22-2008, 10:12 AM
caddyroadking
Stage I

Hey Guys,

I have been looking to upgrade to a fairing on my FLHR. I see there is a lot of debate here... I have seen the Wide Open fairing in person and it does look nice. For the price I dont think you can beat it... The abs plastic does make me a little leary though. Should something happen, fiberglass is much easier to repair IMO.

I looked at that firebagger site and that looks like a descent unit too. I like the locking aspect and the fact that it's fiberglass. Would rather have the 4 speakers though. Again.. the price is nice. Tsukayu sounds Japanese to me though. Half the reason I bought a Harley is it's one of the few American companies left. Anyone have one of these?? Any comments on thier quality and fitment?

I know our bikes deserve the best, but I dont want to drop 3g's on a fairing/radio setup. I would consider myself thrifty, not cheap.

[IMG]local://upfiles/62120/4FB2ADCCCCEA48C6B1CD826FF314D7EE.jpg[/IMG]